News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

71-76 Eldorado convertible scissor top recover and repair

Started by MaR, June 28, 2021, 03:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaR

Quote from: Matti R on June 29, 2021, 04:54:33 PM
Great!
How is the gutter wire attached to body in the middle part of the wire? Or is the wire just keeping the gutter in correct shape and preventing water flowing to trunk?
The gutter wire snaps into retainers that are located on the underside of the rear cowl. Here is what the clips look like. They are stamped into the sheet metal of the underside of the rear cowl. This one is located toward the quarter panel on the passenger side.

Matti R

Quote from: MaR on July 01, 2021, 11:12:19 AM
The gutter wire snaps into retainers that are located on the underside of the rear cowl. Here is what the clips look like. They are stamped into the sheet metal of the underside of the rear cowl. This one is located toward the quarter panel on the passenger side.

Thanks!!
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

pdfree13

bravo my man
i have two 76 eldo conv and they both need the top redone due to hail damage here in texas and none of the shops are willing or capable to do the work such a quandary lol

MaR

Quote from: pdfree13 on July 08, 2021, 08:36:38 AM
bravo my man
i have two 76 eldo conv and they both need the top redone due to hail damage here in texas and none of the shops are willing or capable to do the work such a quandary lol
It's really not that bad. It's time consuming and has many steps but if you just take it easy and do everything in order, the new top will go on just fine. In my opinion, the biggest issue is that virtually any top that needs to be replaced will also need wear parts replaced in the frame. If you skip that, it will never work correctly and look good.

dennisspeaks

CURRENT CLASSIC CARS
1939 Cadillac
1976 Eldorado convertible
1978 Toronado XS
1994 Deville
1989 Fleetwood
1989 Town Car
1982 Mark VI

PAST CARS
1978 Biarritz
1978 Eldorado