News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Verification

Started by Ptobias, September 01, 2023, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptobias

I'm going to look at a supposed 1962 eldorado convertible problem the trunk lid looks like a series 62 when I asked about it he said car was used in a movie and they wanted the vee on the trunk the vin number suggest eldorado vin number is 62E125671
I am new at this I already missed out on a 59 series 62 ( a little late)
The seller won't give me the trim tag info for the 62 till I get there sorry for the length but I'm new at this hoping someone can help before I spend some money on the car.
Thanks
Paul

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The "Eldorado" lettering would have to be removed in order to install the crest/V insignia. Then the extra holes would have to filled in and painted where the letters were.

In all honesty, just the fact that it's been used as a movie prop  would be a near non starter for me, nevermind the modifications already known. The fact that the seller is uncooperative right out of the starting gate doesn't instill confidence either. 

If it's local by all means have a peek but if significant travel is involved...well, that's up to you.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Ptobias

Quote from: Ptobias on September 01, 2023, 01:53:20 PMI'm going to look at a supposed 1962 eldorado convertible problem the trunk lid looks like a series 62 when I asked about it he said car was used in a movie and they wanted the vee on the trunk the vin number suggest eldorado vin number is 62E125671
I am new at this I already missed out on a 59 series 62 ( a little late)
The seller won't give me the trim tag info for the 62 till I get there sorry for the length but I'm new at this hoping someone can help before I spend some money on the car.
Thanks
Paul

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on September 01, 2023, 09:35:10 PMThe "Eldorado" lettering would have to be removed in order to install the crest/V insignia. Then the extra holes would have to filled in and painted where the letters were.

In all honesty, just the fact that it's been used as a movie prop  would be a near non starter for me, nevermind the modifications already known. The fact that the seller is uncooperative right out of the starting gate doesn't instill confidence either. 

If it's local by all means have a peek but if significant travel is involved...well, that's up to you.

Thanks
Will have a peak and let you know