News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 DeVille spring assist front shocks

Started by SurprisinglyNewSuperbly67, February 05, 2011, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SurprisinglyNewSuperbly67

Greetings, All, Just wondering if anyone knows of a source for coil over spring assist front shocks that will fit a '67 DeVille? Many thanks for any information you may have, Stanley Mark Harris V
1961 Fleetwood 60S
1967 Coupe de Ville
1973 Sedan de Ville
1979 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
1981 Fleetwood Brougham

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Stanley,

The BIG problem with any Coil-over Assist Shockers for the front of most vehicles with a Coil Spring is that they will not fit inside the Coil Spring, without a lot of enlarging of the access, or placement aperture to place the unit.

Without completely re-designing the front suspension, you are going to be stuck with the original replacement shockers.

Why do you need them?   Front Springs sagged?   If that is the case, the best solution would be to replace the springs.

Bruce. >:D   
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

TJ Hopland

I will second what Bruce said.   

On setups where the shock is outside the coil spring there is often not enough structure to the shock supports to take the extra weight of a spring on the shock. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason