News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Window sweep question

Started by lowrd61, August 15, 2022, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowrd61

Howdy Group,

I bought a set of outer window sweeps that attach to the chrome along the top of the doors for my 61 coupe deville. the door sweeps have a solid piece resin riveted to the rubber at the front end. Not sure what it is for and the old set did not have this. Anyone come across this issue? I need to drill through it since it covers a mounting hole for the screw that attaches it to the door. I got these from 'Rubber the Right Way' Nice quality parts but they have no knowledge what that piece is for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

fishnjim

I suspect since they aren't the same as your originals, that they are the wrong ones.
I looked them up on Steele Rubber and there's don't show any end pieces.
fyi:
aka, beltline weatherstrip   They "seal" the outer glass to the door w/ and W/o chrome trim models/