News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hagerty Redline rebuild

Started by J. Gomez, January 12, 2021, 06:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Gomez

So Hagerty Redline rebuild are planning to do a 1957 Cadillac 4-door engine rebuild while the Hagerty learning center will be working on the other restoration.

Will be interesting to see both sides but only the redline may have the videos.   :(

Details at around time frame 4:22

https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos/new-year-new-rebuilds-2021-project-update-redline-update-68/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=21_January_12__Newsletter_NewDD

Although the picture at around time frame 08:00 is NOT for a '57 Cadillac  :o  ;)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Harley Earl

Thanks for sharing!  This is exactly how the future "young" owners of our Cadillacs will become interested in Cadillacs...The 'tube is lacking in Cadillac content...
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

J. Gomez

J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Harley Earl

Quote from: J. Gomez on February 03, 2021, 12:01:41 PM
First video engine disassembled;

https://www.hagerty.com/media/videos/1957-cadillac-365-gets-disassembled-redline-update-71/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=21_February_3_Newsletter_NewDD

Converted to a generator with a 6-blade so it is an A/C car, compressor brackets still in place.  8)
Saw it last night; Impressive!  Hagerty Redline recently did a Buick Straight Eight.  Not a Cadillac, yet impressive as most YouTube videos are the typical LS, 350 or Big block.  Cadillac, even BOP content is severely lacking on YouTube.  I think younger folks of today would be fascinated with the differences in Cadillac (and Buick, Olds, Pontiac) GM engines...
Hoping for a Standard Trans Cimarron

Previous
1950 Series 61 Sedan - Savoy Gray
1974 Coupe de Ville - Victorian Amber Firemist
1959 Coupe de Ville - Brenton Blue
And 20 "other" Cadillacs from the 40s to the 80s

CadillacGlasses

So I'm sure we'll find out in due time.. but could they be identifying the Cadillac as a '57 because of its engine, even though it might be in the body of a '49? Its curious that Hagerty would mix up model years that badly, and since that engine is a 365 it would line up with the way they're identifying it - even though that/s a new way of talking about model years to me.

Anyways, I'm really impressed with the level of production they're putting into these videos, the timelapse of the Buick engine is awesome, and this will be exciting to watch
29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)

James Landi

There was an incredible LACK of sludge build up on that six decades old Cadillac engine.  It must have had really good maintenance, lived in a warm, dry climate, and owned by someone who used it to go to Sunday church.  I've dismantled a couple of the 50's Cadillac engines, and the crank case is usually encrusted in sludge.   Have to wonder if the engine truly required a rebuild, maybe just a valve job, or a good long highway run.  Oh well, we'll never know for certain.   

Lexi

Agree, not as much sludge as I would have thought. I have dismantled one 365 engine which had sludge everywhere. The pan was particularly nasty as it must have been an inch thick with it. Clay/Lexi

CadillacGlasses

Update - I clarified they made a glitch on the picture, for anyone curious, the car is actually a '57, as admitted in this video at 8:30, the X frame gives it away too. Excited to see the car when they eventually show it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSrlGK1z7Y
29645 - CLC West of Lake, CLCMRC Board Member

1949 Series 62 Conv. (in progress)

Caddieman53

I noticed that the lower water pump radiator hose connection was on the right side.(passenger) Wasn't that specific to 1957 and maybe 1958? I know that for years 49 - 56 it was on the left (drivers) side.
P. W. Allen

53 Cadillac Coupe 6237X
Twin Turbine

Lexi