News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mike,-
IF the "conversion" consisted only of replacing the R-12 with R-134a, then the non cycling compressor would be correct operation for the Cadillac ATC (automatic temperature control).  The compressor runns full time, cooling all the air to 34 degrees F (+/-) then reheating the proper proportion of the cooled air to satisfy the demands of the user as determined by the setting of the temperature control dial.
If the suystem seems to work okay for a while and then stops cooling and air flow it is most likely short of refrigerant causing the coil to ice, blocking airflow and preventing any air from reaching the cabin.
R-134a has an inherant capacity loss in these A-6/R-12 systems of nearly 20%, so that must be taken into consideration in any diagnosis as well
Greg Surfas
General Discussion / Re: Wheres The Ark?
Last post by MultipleCaddies - Today at 11:00:51 PM
Quote from: Carfreak on Today at 10:14:34 PMGuess what. A lot of us have many cars, have been working on cars for several decades, can contribute a lot of knowledge, experience, tech advice, opinions, assistance, suggestions and humor but we are also paying dues to support OUR CLUB and the expenses of this Forum.

Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you how many Cadillacs I currently own, would have to stop and count.  Wouldn't even try to remember most of them from over the last 40+ years nor the number of other GM and non-GM vehicles in that quotient either. Does that make me better than anyone else?  NOPE. Nor does you throwing out claims of your prowess and intelligence make you any better than us either -- it just makes you an egotistical self-proclaimed expert. 

You just want to twist the facts to support YOUR CLAIMS to suit your side of the argument.

Interesting how you allege poor management, bad administration and throw out almost-slanderous comments towards a group and a Board that you have no knowledge, no connection, no personal experience other than you have posted on OUR Forum.  Anyone who tries to tell me how great they are, how smart they are, their opinions are better than everyone else -  I usually stop listening.

The Forum will survive just fine. 

That's fine. Just like the ever-arrogant J. Bruce Ismay found out after the Titanic hit the iceberg, the ship was in fact sinkable, despite his protestations to the contrary. Captain EJ Smith at one time said he couldn't imagine a ship like the Titanic sinking, declaring something to the effect of "modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that". These men and many others believed the ship couldn't sink, and let their arrogance get in the way of prudence and logic. You see where I'm going with this? Blah blah blah blah blah.........

General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by druby - Today at 10:54:09 PM
A huge mistake by the club for not allowing non members post and give advice and their knowledge concerning Cadillac's & LaSalle's !!!!! Who brought this idea before the board to vote on, who was the person that got the ball rolling on this idea ? Somebody put this idea in front of the board to vote on !!!!! I know, it's a "secret society" and we choose not to disclose that information.
Last post by druby - Today at 10:44:08 PM
Where ya at Barry Wheeler, can't believe you haven't thrown your 2 cents in !!!!!🤣
For Sale - Cars / Decent 1990 ALLANTE /w hardtop...
Last post by V63 - Today at 10:38:53 PM
Not mine:

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/xYXgwBpAUIb
General Discussion / Re: CLC number locations? And...
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Today at 10:08:23 PMFurther, notice that the Commercial Advertising on this Forum is virtually nonexistent?   The Board took the decision to not fill the Forum with multiple Commercial Advertisers to pay for the Forum.   Go to a lot of other Forums, and one has to wade through a myriad of commercials to get to where they want to go.   Talk about frustration.   Those Forums rely on the Advertisers to pay or everything, and make huge profits, at the expense of the Forum Users.

Reviewing the ClassicOldsmobile forum which a certain non-member stated he often visits plus Jalopy Journal, Corvette Forum and a few others, right from the start you have to weed through ads and annoying pop ups. Many of the ads were not even automotive related - Best Buy, Ashley Furniture, Comcast, Geek Squad, vrbo, T-shirts, Office Supplies, etc. 

As mentioned above, the CLC hosts a very limited number of paid automotive-related ads.

I sure as heck would not want to have to tolerate annoying ads like those other forums in exchange for allowing non-members to post here for free. 
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 10:14:34 PM
Quote from: MultipleCaddiesBlah blah blah blah blah blah I am great blah blah blah I know a lot blah blah blah I have a lot of cars blah blah blah without me and other non dues paying members using the CLC forum it will cease to exist blah blah blah

Guess what. A lot of us have many cars, have been working on cars for several decades, can contribute a lot of knowledge, experience, tech advice, opinions, assistance, suggestions and humor but we are also paying dues to support OUR CLUB and the expenses of this Forum.

Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you how many Cadillacs I currently own, would have to stop and count.  Wouldn't even try to remember most of them from over the last 40+ years nor the number of other GM and non-GM vehicles in that quotient either. Does that make me better than anyone else?  NOPE. Nor does you throwing out claims of your prowess and intelligence make you any better than us either -- it just makes you an egotistical self-proclaimed expert. 

You just want to twist the facts to support YOUR CLAIMS to suit your side of the argument.

Interesting how you allege poor management, bad administration and throw out almost-slanderous comments towards a group and a Board that you have no knowledge, no connection, no personal experience other than you have posted on OUR Forum.  Anyone who tries to tell me how great they are, how smart they are, their opinions are better than everyone else -  I usually stop listening.

The Forum will survive just fine. 

Interesting, I would have considered coating the inlay too.  Also interesting that the inlay still fit with all those layers of paint and clear coat. Seems like a really good option.  I would imagine if you decided it wasn't good enough you could still send it to one of the resto places.  I assume they remove all the old plastic and take it down to the metal frame so having some 'failed' repairs wound not effect what they do.
Quotequote from: MultipleCaddies - Today at 09:58:59 AM
You may wonder why I keep posting so much and so adamantly about this.. well it's because it is so obviously a mistake. An entirely preventable, regrettable mistake, that has been made numerous times across the internet, and the end result is ALWAYS the same. You're sticking to a hopes and dreams sales tactic that just isn't going to get people interested in paying just to participate on this forum. It's really unfortunate that yet another perfectly good forum is going to go down the same failed path as many others before it. People continue to prove that they simply will not learn anything from history.

I am sorry to read your thoughts on the current matter regarding CLC Membership to be on the Forum, but, everyone is open to their own thoughts and actions.

But, to be blunt, since you joined the Forum, you asked for information regarding your 1976 Fuel Injected Cadillac that you were trying to resurect, and have received totally free information about how to fix it, etc, etc.  from many informed Members.   https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?topic=173180.20   Surely just the information you received to assist you in your attempt to resurrect this car would have been a lot more than $25.00.   I would hate to think what you would have been charged in the open market.

This initial question was your only interaction with the CLC, up until you started questioning the the need for Membership.   Financial Membership.

As the CLC is a Not for Proffit Club, the Financial Members have to cover all the costs of running the Club, and the Internet Forum is just one of the areas that costs money, so why should free-loaders be able to benefit, at no cost, at the expense of the Members.

There is a large financial cost in running an Internet Forum, that has to be covered, or it will fold.   The Administrators and Moderators do not receive any payment or reward for what they do, yet they spend much of their own valuable time keeping the thing up and running, yet receive so much abuse for maintaining the Rules that were set by those higher up.

Further, notice that the Commercial Advertising on this Forum is virtually nonexistent?   The Board took the decision to not fill the Forum with multiple Commercial Advertisers to pay for the Forum.   Go to a lot of other Forums, and one has to wade through a myriad of commercials to get to where they want to go.   Talk about frustration.   Those Forums rely on the Advertisers to pay or everything, and make huge profits, at the expense of the Forum Users.

Remember that if one wants to join one of the Chapters, they HAVE to be a Fully financial Member of the CLC.

Bruce Reynolds,
Forum Moderator.     
General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by David Greenburg - Today at 10:08:11 PM
I've been a member for many years. long before the forum existed. I joined in my mid-twenties, close to 40 years ago (yikes), and I always felt like it was a good value, even back then, when dues were $25 IIRC for a membership, including mailed Self-Starter. That makes it a screaming deal now in comparison to the inflated cost of everything else, including our cars.

But I certainly see the benefit of having the forum open to non-members, both as a way to get new members/increase interest, and also to get the benefit of cars and parts for sale by non-members. Over the years I have bought and sold a bunch of parts, and also bought a car off the forum, although the majority of those transactions, including the car, were with fellow members.

I think one issue is that many of the "powers that be" in the Club are not on the forum as far as I can tell, and may not fully appreciate it. Hopefully that will change as some of the new "forum-friendly" board members come in.