News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac power antenna part needed

Started by carguyblack, July 05, 2019, 08:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

I am looking for an internal plastic "bumper" for the bottom of the mast where the shaft connects to the drive portion. It is circular the same diameter as the shaft and is a little more than an inch tall. If anyone has a scrap antenna from a 1956, I would love to talk to you about this part if I'm not clear as to what I'm in need of.
Many thanks!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

fishnjim

Call one of the antenna shops like Caddy Tim and discuss.   I think you may need a whole mast but not sure what you're describing.  These were early day plastics and didn't last.   Some of these are not available and some can interchange.   I've waded thru this water,('on 58) and it's muddy.   Bought several that weren't any good.   
OR try the parts guys.   I bought a refurb motor and it didn't work and they don't stand by electrical parts, usually, so B aware.   Photo w/ instructions may be in the shop manual.   I sold my '56 manual to a guy in europe.
Be aware if you put a modern "classic car" radio in, the modern contacts do not support the amperage these motors pull and you have to put on a separate circuit.   I put a rocker switch in on a panel under the dash with the electric WW knobs.

carguyblack

Hopefully you can see from this picture, which isn't the best I know. It's the black plastic end piece on the very bottom of the biggest (1st) mast section. It goes in the base and spaces the mast properly in place as it goes up and down. I could probably fab one out of wood but was hoping someone had a trash antenna that hasn't been all pulled apart yet or someone who may even have a usable on that has been taken out.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

carguyblack

I modified the part in the photo to make it work. Didn't look like the plastic part I was familiar with but it sure looked like it belonged with the antenna mast. It's now settled in to the base receiver portion like it should so all is good now. I do need an antenna nut (in another posting I made) Thanks!
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1989 Bonneville SSE

cadman56

I know the piece you are looking for.  I believe I have a few antenna in pieces left in my 56 parts stash.  I believe the plastice may have been molded onto the lower mast tube.
I am in Wichita, Ks and have very restorable 95 per cent straint  and rust free front fenders, hood and doors for a 56 coupe.  I also have very nice front vent assys and a nice good driver quality set of chrome for both sides from the fake air vents forward.
I have to get pictures, don't know when, because I have sold my 56 Seville and want to clean out my shop.
These parts will have to be picked up.
If you still need the bushing let me know and next time I go out to the shop I will look to see if any I have are still good.
email me:  lblanchard6@cox.net
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

JungleCadd

heyya- i am rebuilding my antenna and have come to find that the nylon cable has snapped just at the plastic base you referenced.
do you know how the cord is fixed to the top antenna section? is there a bushing attached to the cord?

cheers,
e
56 Eldo Seville

Timo

Hi all,

we have done a small run of reproduction 1956 CADILLAC antenna masts. It comes in the correct length and size and all drive gear components and also the lower bushing mentioned above.

We don't have an official distributor in the US so we are selling it through eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275553920333

Thanks for your support!

Cheers TIMO

1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville
1961 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special