News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Body Number Plate decoding for an Eldorado

Started by Andrew Wall CLC#10638, July 21, 2019, 11:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Wall CLC#10638

Howdy all,

Trying to decode the manufacturer's data plate on my recently acquired Eldorado.  In particular, the interior color, top cop and paint color.  I have the 1976 Fisher Body manual and Cadillac Shop manual, but they are surprisingly unhelpful.  I attached a photo of the plate.

Is there a resource in the WWW that can help?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Phil Weber

trim code 642 is Antique Light Buckskin
Paint code 39 is Kingswood Green
Not sure on the roof.

Phil

hornetball

D.Smith

From the 1976 Cadillac Optional Specifications book.

D.Smith

Quote from: Phil Weber on July 22, 2019, 01:29:49 AM
trim code 642 is Antique Light Buckskin
Paint code 39 is Kingswood Green
Not sure on the roof.

Phil

The 64R indicates a dark blue-green vinyl top.

Andrew Wall CLC#10638

Thank you to everyone for your help!  Although I have been a member of the CLC since 1991, I haven't owned a Cadillac for about 4 years when I sold my 68 Deville convertible.  I am relearning everything I had forgotten about FWD Eldorado's since my ownership of a 67 Eldo from 1991-1997.  Everything is even more unavailable and 4x as expensive.  The internet does make sourcing parts and info much easier.

I believe this particular car was owned by Don Cole, who owned Columbus Motor Car, the main Cadillac distributor in Columbus Ohio up until the 1980's.  Mr. Cole was a very early member of the CLC in the 1950's and perhaps seminal in its creation.  I believe the car was Don Cole's because he often painted his cars Arlington Green, a mid 50's Cadillac color, and that is the color of this car.  I remember walking in the Cadillac dealership in the 80's and seeing this car after being painted Arlington Green.  It was stunning.  Unfortunately, the lacquer is a bit crazed, so it really needs a repaint.

I actually purchased some of the early CLC letter's when the dealership was sold and the contents auctioned in 2006 or so.  There were also pints of Arlington Green paint, one of which I have!! 

Anyway, it's a new adventure.  Just learned the front end and steering linkages require complete replacement.  The fun begins. . . .

Baloo

Quote from: D.Smith on July 22, 2019, 09:00:37 AMFrom the 1976 Cadillac Optional Specifications book.

Hello D.Smith,
I know this is an early post, but I am trying to print off the 3rd pic ( 48094760308_4953b26c88_b.jpg 155.6 KB) regarding page from 76 Eldo specs book. FOr some reason, there is a fatal error, and I get a blank page although the thumbnail clearly shows its format.
Thanks you.

scottsdaleaz

Quote from: Baloo on March 31, 2023, 03:57:34 PMHello D.Smith,
I know this is an early post, but I am trying to print off the 3rd pic ( 48094760308_4953b26c88_b.jpg 155.6 KB) regarding page from 76 Eldo specs book. FOr some reason, there is a fatal error, and I get a blank page although the thumbnail clearly shows its format.
Thanks you.

Me too - but the attachment downloads as a working JPG ..  https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=138873    page3

1975 Eldorado
Member Number: 34629

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Is "09C" the date code, ie: meaning built in the third week of September?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute