News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Adjusting vent window for Cadillac coupe door flipper

Started by howard63, March 27, 2023, 04:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howard63

I need some help getting the driver side door flipper on my 1955 Coupe de Ville to work properly. I need help in adjusting the frame on the vent window to move in towards the interior of the car in order to push on the flipper to close when the door is closed. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.  Howard

Cadman-iac

Hi Howard,
  If you attempt to adjust your vent window, just be aware that the framework is only made of pot metal, and is easily broken if misaligned when the door is closed.
(Please don't ask me how I know that).
  If you don't already have a shop manual, I would suggest that you buy one. It does tell you how to adjust these properly.
Another thing that you might want to check is the flipper itself. Make sure that the springs and hinges are in good shape.
If you can't locate new springs if needed, you can use ones for a 55,56,57 Chevrolet, available from Danchuk manufacturing. They are the same design as the Cadillac, and probably a bit less expensive.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

walt chomosh #23510

Howard,
  HEED Cadman's advice. Many, many 1955 CDVs went to the scrap yard due to the vent frame breaking, generally on the driver's side die to more openings and closings. I did a stainless steel repair on mine but lets try to avoid that! I will also comment that I fought my air leaks (generally at the top corner of the vent frame) forever. The factory seals and proper installation of them helps but I continued to fight air leaks. Wish you the best....walt...tulsa,oktrailer lake 001.JPG