News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Goodbye & thanks.
Last post by Barry M Wheeler #2189 - Today at 09:13:48 AM
Due to age and care for my wife, I haven't been able to attend Board Meetings for some time. But, as I understand it, the main reason for this change is that it is a way to alleviate spammers and the like. None of us like friends to "get up and leave" for any reason. But those who prey on others for a living are not going to pay $25 just so they can tell you that their life long buddy has the part you desperately need, and just give him a call and he'll send it to you.

I've been a member since 1964 when the dues were $7.50 per year. That's sixty years. In all of that time, I have NEVER been scammed, cheated, or flim-flammed out of a penny by a fellow CLC member. True, I am only one person, but I've trusted people that I've never met in person simply because they are a CLC member.

And if nothing else, many (read "most") have become friends, even though we probably won't ever meet. I remember when I had a NOS 1941 60S stone guard for sale. I got a call from a young lady that was almost in tears giving me an offer that she admitted they "couldn't really afford right now," but she wanted to get it for her husband. I was almost as heartbroken as she was to have to tell her that I'd gotten a NOS pair of stone guards for my 1941 Series 67 in trade the day before. That was fifty years ago, and I'm still sorry that I couldn't help her.

The CLC is not as big as some of the car clubs referred to, yes. Never will be. But it is an organization that is composed of men and women who you can't stay mad at, will help you at any turn, and share their knowledge (and parts) with you.

Gay and I were getting onto the Mass Turnpike headed for the second Boston GN. At the side of the road was a 1949 Cadillac with the hood up. I pulled over onto the side of the on ramp, and put down the window. Whomever it was thanked me, but they already had help from another member.

Many years ago, I goofed up judging Terry Wenger's 1939 Series 61 convertible coupe at an Indy show. He was very disappointed with me. Then, not too long after that, I had the absolute nerve to call him up and ask if he could board my daughter while she completed an internship in St. Louis.

He didn't even ask Nancy, his wife, before saying that "Sure, she can stay with us." And for icing on the cake, when Kimberly hit East St. Louis, her car stopped running. Not only did Terry come and get her, then return for the car, but Nancy gave her, her VW to drive to her work next morning.

This is the kind of friend that you're going to miss when you leave the Forum, just because you think you've been "put upon" by a bunch of ignorant, un-feeling bozos that only want your $25.

If that's your feeling, after all the hopefully helpful tips and leads (and friendships) you've gotten from the Forum, there's not much more we can say, except that the door is never locked, and we'll welcome you back.

One last thought... How many of you that are going to "pull up stakes and leave," if we "saw the error of our ways," and cancelled the membership requirement, would be the first to complain of being ripped off by a scammer. "Why can't the stupid officers do something about us getting ripped off?" Sometimes, you just can't please anybody!
What have you done to this car since you acquired it? Does it run yet? Post some pictures after you have washed it etc.
Quote from: danjarrett1 on April 15, 2024, 10:42:08 AMDoes anyone have any experience with the oil-canning affect of this huge hood going down the road? I have adjust the rubber hood adjusters, they seem to be fine, however, the left and right sections of the hood seem to quiver going down the road. No rotational vibration from drive train, just hood quivering along. I thought it might be a lack of support when it was designed but assumed GM would have solved that with extra bracing, I cannot see the structure on mine because of the hood pad. Is this just typical for the vintage of GM Caddy's? Also...the small Tri-angular rubber grommets (4) that are attached to the fencer where the hood ride are reducedto to age, I did try adding Addie too Al spacing there but no real result. Would like to replace those grommets if anyone has a source.   Thanks-Dan
It is not a problem with all, but just some. My theory is that many people like to pose beautiful babes on the hood of their cars. If on one of those photo sessions the position is wrong, or the weight estimate off, that initial indent is prone to come back.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1957 coupe deville, projec...
Last post by badpoints - Today at 08:43:56 AM
Seems too far gone. Even for free.
Last post by badpoints - Today at 08:34:28 AM
I will miss being able to post. I liked being helpful by posting pictures for anyone wanting to know what was original on a 67 SDV. Besides the point of forums should be free, my wife would give me crap about wasting money on my Cadillac. She is probably right, the hours I spend working on my Caddy is financially a waste of time, but it makes me happy. A few last pictures
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 08:21:53 AM
Quote from: Big Fins on Today at 06:36:30 AMI do miss the Directory. Or did I just not get it the past few years?

Hasn't been printed the past couple years due to covid-induced significantly increased paper & postage costs.

Printed copies have been offered at an additional cost for members who require one but the online Directory when you log into the Member area of the CLC website is easy to use and always handy.
General Discussion / Townhall Meeting with CLC Exec...
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 08:09:24 AM
For those that have strong opinions about how the Club should be run, about decisions made by the Board or other topics you would like to discuss, have you registered to participate and attend the Townhall session during the Gettysburg GN? 

Priced so everyone attending the GN can afford to select this activity, its FREE!!!  You are asked to register so organizers will know how many people to expect.  It is even scheduled late in the day so as not to conflict with tours, meetings, going out with friends to dinner, etc.   

BTW, the GN is just about 51 days from now. Have you registered yet? Often members will reserve a room and then not follow through to register until the last possible date. 
General Discussion / Re: REMINDER: CLC Forum Change...
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 08:08:09 AM
2024-04.jpg

With less than 2 weeks before our transition to a CLC members only forum on May 1, consider the many benefits of membership, including

The Self-Starter Magazine
Receive 11 issues of the multiple-award-winning The Self-Starter magazine each year – choose your membership level for a glossy, printed color magazine, or forego a paper copy and read it online (all membership levels have access to read The Self-Starter online), plus an annual membership directory.[/b]

20 YEARS OF BACK ISSUES
Access back issues from 2004 to now of The Self-Starter magazine online for entertaining articles, classified ads and tech information.

SELF-STARTER SAMPLE
To see an example of the magazine you receive 11 months a year Click Here.

For other benefits of membership go to benefits.cadillaclasalleclub.org then join at join.cadillaclasalleclub.org for as low as $25 annually.

Last post by Carfreak - Today at 08:02:11 AM
Quote from: druby on Yesterday at 11:19:51 PMSue, if you attended the meeting I'm sure you know the answers, somebody has the unredacted minutes from the Winter board meeting.

I already wrote my response about the topic origination

Quote from: CarfreakI don't know who put the idea on the Winter Board Meeting Agenda but to the best of my recollection YES the decision was pretty much unanimous in favor to make the change.

Minutes have not yet been posted on the Directors' webpage. 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Kent Moore J-6320 Shaft Pi...
Last post by Joshua - Today at 07:50:38 AM
Thank you very much for the suggestions Bob. I was able to contact Bill and "Engineer2" directly. I also found a few other contacts who are selling Kent Moore tools. Unfortunately, none of them have the Kent Moore J-6320. According to Bill it likely went out of production in the 1970s and has no cross-reference part number. Unless I am able to find one, I think my next best option is to see if a local machine shop or metal work shot can create something similar. Thanks again for the help.

Josh  :D