News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

The ARK arrives at the body shop

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, February 22, 2022, 12:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: James Landi on May 24, 2022, 07:05:04 AM
SO pleased to know that the "shop reached way out" for you Laurie.  That's great for you, and apparently. they realize you'll be encouraging others to reach out to them... We all know that social media is a mixed blessing, but when it comes to landing authentic enthusiasm about a commerical enterprise in America, reaching and exceeding customers' expectations is literally pure gold... and in this case, they'll experience your liberal hospitality!   Happy day, and be of good cheer, James

Thanks James, believe me I'm pretty happy about it. They did SUCH a great job on the car, I knew that. Then to have the Three Horseman agree the job was excellent, was an added bonus. Those 3 guys have proved in the past they're not afraid of hurting my feelings.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Sweet! The boys from the shop on the North Shore came to the Cape yesterday. The issues with the front trim were fixed,
the rear left door handle was fixed, they changed a part on the drivers' door handle (I didn't like how the door button "felt" on the outside, its perfect now), and the back up light was fixed. VERY HAPPY. The Ark is perfect. Pics of them working on the car,
and look, they even took his blood pressure.... They stood behind their work, happy to recommend them.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Highwayman68

That car has no idea how lucky that it was to be adopted/rescued by you!

Just look at how many color changes there are on the front of the hood in the first picture.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Highwayman68 on May 26, 2022, 02:51:59 PM
That car has no idea how lucky that it was to be adopted/rescued by you!

Just look at how many color changes there are on the front of the hood in the first picture.

Mark, quite honestly, that car rescued me. God Bless, hope to see you soon my friend.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

AND I've detailed The Ark for the last time. Brought him in to Attention To Detail at 9am.
They brought him right into the shop, 4 people jumped him, and an hour and 45 minutes later the car looked
better than any job I did on the interior and engine bay - in 2 days.
But imagine my chagrin when Hillary came out and said "Laurie, how do we open the back left door?"

Failed AGAIN.

They worked around it, I went directly to Michael at Hyannis Vintage Auto when they were done.

Its Friday, these guys are trying to get cars out the door before the long weekend. But Michael always makes time for
me and The Ark, I can't own this car without him.
He ripped that door apart - it was a 10 cent spring. He and Chris could see someone tried to 'tighten' it instead
of replacing it. There's a new spring on there now. "What do I owe you honey...." - "I'll get ya tomorrow"
And I start whining "what else is going to fail now..."  "I WILL FIX IT if it does. Now go drive your car."
The PATIENCE he has working on cars, just blows me away.

Back to HVA at 9am tomorrow for the annual oil change, physical and my usual gripe list, and it's going to be pouring. The
car got wet today, I don't care. He'll get a bath when we get home, cleaned up and to our FIRST SHOW of the year at 3pm.
2nd show Sunday for the "Troops In The Spotlight", important to me on Memorial weekend.

Michael rules. He was working on 3 cars at the same time... got them all done... jeez.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Scott Nellis

The Ark looks great! Congratulations. Patience is a virtue. It may have seemed like an eternity, but it was far quicker than many. There is often hiccups along the way and yours were rectified quickly by a reputable shop that is proud of their work and stands by it. Everyone makes mistakes, but the true professionals shine through by making the end product as it was intended to be. Drive your Cadillac lovingly and enjoy every mile driven.
   Happy Trails, Scott
1957 Eureka Hearse
1965 Miller-Meteor Hearse
1968 Miller-Meteor Hearse
1968 Fleetwood Brougham
1970 Superior Hearse

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Scott Nellis on May 28, 2022, 02:37:15 AM
   The Ark looks great! Congratulations. Patience is a virtue. It may have seemed like an eternity, but it was far quicker than many. There is often hiccups along the way and yours were rectified quickly by a reputable shop that is proud of their work and stands by it. Everyone makes mistakes, but the true professionals shine through by making the end product as it was intended to be. Drive your Cadillac lovingly and enjoy every mile driven.
   Happy Trails, Scott

Thanks Scott. Let me clarify, Hyannis Vintage did NOT do the body/paint work. They did the roof a few years ago, Michael there is my crew chief.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

jaxops

Laurie,  What a magnificent job.  Well done to all.....hey, how is it you topped 10 pages on CLC Restorations and I'm just getting onto page 3!!!! [kidding of course].
Just in time for the good weather to come up thar in Massachusetts!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Glamour shots to end the thread with. After we got back from Michael's Saturday morning the roof got a good needed scrubbing, everything else GENTLY with an Adams microfiber wash mitt, Adams Car Shampoo, rinsed then dried with Adams microfiber towels. What great products.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Real Nice !!

Gonna be a real hit on your car show circuit....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon  #15848 on June 02, 2022, 07:28:17 AMReal Nice !!

Gonna be a real hit on your car show circuit....

Mike

Thanks Mike, appreciate that.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

scotth3886

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on June 01, 2022, 11:44:23 PMGlamour shots to end the thread with. After we got back from Michael's Saturday morning the roof got a good needed scrubbing, everything else GENTLY with an Adams microfiber wash mitt, Adams Car Shampoo, rinsed then dried with Adams microfiber towels. What great products.

That looks spectacular !!!!

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville