News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carpet for 1958

Started by BradW, February 15, 2023, 12:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradW

Hi!
I am having the interior restored in my '58 Coupe de Ville, and I am having trouble locating the correct style of carpet. All the major supply companies seem to offer either 60's loop style carpet, or a modern "frizzy" style used in cars of today. What carpet are restorers using in the 110 point late 50's Cad's?

Any help is greatly appreciated!511BE410-FDA6-4523-A85A-727FF445059B.jpeg

TonyZappone #2624

years ago, I got mine from SMS.  they seem to be reported as hard to get deliveries now, but the carpets I got fit perfectly, and look very nice.  delivery was in a reasonable period at that time
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

V63

1958 was a "cut pile" of coarse of a high quality. Most I have seen restored utilize a 1980's cut pile version. The original bindings (edges) were a unique yarn stitch

Coral58

Original 58 carpet is very thick and luxurious but  mats down over time and difficult to keep clean. My last 90 Brougham,had similar but not as thick pile,rich look, easier to  maintain. I'm sure your supplier can find you samples. Good luck.