News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1990 Allante FS $4500 70,000 Miles Not Mine

Started by Bryan J Moran, March 09, 2023, 11:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1239226293364902/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5caf87fe-d677-4de0-86df-333e3fcde961

About This Vehicle
Driven 70,624 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: White ยท Interior color: Tan
Fuel type: Gasoline
2 owners

Seller's Description
Very clean car.  Low miles.  Has hard top.
Great summer cruiser.

Not my car. Wasn't 1990 through 1992 the years when the engine was perhaps it's best? Sorted out?

I rarely post Allante's that I see in the marketplace. But at $4,500 asking, if the owner has done any maintenance and repairs over the last 12 years he has owned it, perhaps this car at $3,500 is a decent car, one which was originally $55,000 or so.

White with tan interior to me is a "decent" combination and although it has the plain stock aluminum wheelset, that one does not look too bad to me. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

I own an '88, with 56K miles, and I owned a '90 for 12 years back in the 1990's, and sold it with 106K miles in 2006.  These are durable cars, but, now after three decades, they do require some work.  When we purchased our '88 last spring, alas, my "go to" garage would not touch it, so here I am 77 years old wrenching again... With John Monzo and Brian Hussey's help, I received all the parts and SOLID ADVICE I needed and fixed the following:  brake locking up--- needed new flex hoses
                                 anti-lock Bosch fault--- needed a new "accumulator"
                                 a/c inoperative--- (took it to an a/c shop- $915 --- perfect now)
                                 Bose radio issues--- replaced two speaker/amplifiers-- tedious, but I did it

If you're good with a wrench and not proud about asking for help, these are TERRIFIC cars--- Allante Source, and the Allante/XLR club are very helpful, very experienced, and very committed.  These cars are cheap, because they seem complicated, but they were designed with ON BOARD DIAGNOSITICS--- if you want to purchase one of these cars, look up on Allante Source how to read the trouble codes by pushing a few buttons from the driver's seat-- I think it monitors 250 areas. THese mid production early 90's are preferred with the 4.5 engines provide 200 hp.  They are great "touring cars"   James

79 Eldorado

Someone thought it was a good deal because it's now sold...

dinhnguyen57

I just bought a 1990 Allante for $1500, also pearl white exterior and beige interior with soft and hard top.  It has 59,000 original miles, from Nevada.  The original owner never took the hard top off and the soft top was in like-new condition. Unfortunately he lost the title and bought a new car and did not want the hassle of sorting this out so he donated the car.  I bought it from a representative of the donation center.  Engine sounds good, drives straight and brakes well.  No check engine lights.  The bad:  The hood is oxidized and a few light scratches here and there on the fenders but no real significant dents.  Apparently the owner did not latch down the hard top well and some rain got in it as it sat for 8 months.  Nothing that some deep cleaning won't resolve.  Driver's seat has a 3 inch rip where the driver's left shoulder is located.  I think I'm going to really enjoy the driving experience, especially for $1500.  I think getting new tires, batteries, belts, filters, brakes, fluids will cost more than the price of the car though.

Somehow looking at pictures and videos make the car seem larger and a bit boring wit it's "boxy" looks.  But when I saw it in person it was much smaller than anticipated, more lower profile and there are a number of horizontal creases in the body panels that gives it a lot more "interesting" appearance.
1941 Series 62 coupe
1959 Eldorado Seville
1990 Allante
2007 Mercedes S550
2009 STS
2018 Chrysler Pacifica