News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Museum Ballot!

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, June 04, 2007, 07:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

By now, many of you will have received the current S/S with it's enclosed ballot for the Board of the Museum. (Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center.) This is an opportunity for you to express your wishes by voting for the (15) candidates of your choice. A bio of each candidate is part of the ballot booklet, so that if you do not know a candidate personally, what he is doing, or has done for the Club in the past is clearly set out.
We had a record turnout using this type of ballot last year for the regular CLC Board of Directors. Let us try to surpass that. Please remember, DO NOT put your return address on the ballot, so that it is anonymous.
In the words of the late Mayor Daly of Chicago, "vote early, vote often..." No Do NOT vote more than once, but it's such a catchy phrase, I couldn't resist.
Remember, all of our Directors pay their own way to meetings, AND ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND!
This amounts to several thousand dollars per Director per year, that could have been spent on their car(s.) Thank them for their efforts when you see them.
Please take the time to look over the candidates and vote. On behalf of the other Past Presidents, may I say that since all of us have been iin office, the Club has constantly improved. I know Norm Uhlir would say this, and even our most recent President, Bill Edmunds, I'm sure would agree that this is so. Keep the Club moving. Vote for the candidates of your choice.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Art Director

I second Barry's comments. Please be careful when you vote! Liz and I have already received one ballot with 16 candidates selected; therefore, that ballot must be declared null and void. Furthermore, it arrived in an envelope with a return name and address on it. Fifteen (15) candidates is the maximum.

Ballots must have 41 cents postage in the United States (outside the U.S., check with your post office for required postage) and be sent anonymously. The U.S. Postal Service did not allow us to print the 41 cents price on the postcard this year and we fear some ballots will be tossed by them for insufficient postage and not received by us to be counted.

By all means, please vote!

Tim Coy
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: Barry Wheeler on June 04, 2007, 07:07:01 PM
By now, many of you will have received the current S/S with it's enclosed ballot for the Board of the Museum. (Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center.) This is an opportunity for you to express your wishes by voting for the (15) candidates of your choice. A bio of each candidate is part of the ballot booklet, so that if you do not know a candidate personally, what he is doing, or has done for the Club in the past is clearly set out.
We had a record turnout using this type of ballot last year for the regular CLC Board of Directors. Let us try to surpass that. Please remember, DO NOT put your return address on the ballot, so that it is anonymous.
In the words of the late Mayor Daly of Chicago, "vote early, vote often..." No Do NOT vote more than once, but it's such a catchy phrase, I couldn't resist.
Remember, all of our Directors pay their own way to meetings, AND ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND!
This amounts to several thousand dollars per Director per year, that could have been spent on their car(s.) Thank them for their efforts when you see them.
Please take the time to look over the candidates and vote. On behalf of the other Past Presidents, may I say that since all of us have been iin office, the Club has constantly improved. I know Norm Uhlir would say this, and even our most recent President, Bill Edmunds, I'm sure would agree that this is so. Keep the Club moving. Vote for the candidates of your choice.
I put mine in the mail yesterday.  Voting for only 15 is trickier than it sounds. I found myself counting several times during the process so that I wouldn't go over.  I first marked all the ones I knew through this board, through their reputation in the club, or had personally met and then used the biographies to choose the others.  It was very clear to me that every man running would be an asset to the board.

Bill Podany #19567

Barry,

I put my ballot in the mail today, thanks for the reminder.  See you in Savannah, and I am having my 41 60 Special judged in the Senior Division. 

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado