News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WARNING Scammer named Alton Hope attempting to cheat Club members

Started by dfw7849, May 08, 2021, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfw7849

WARNING:   Someone by the name of Alton Hope contacted me and offered to sell me a 1957 Cadillac showroom album. He provided a mailing address and asked me to send the money to him.   However, the pictures he send were only only copies of a real album for sale on eBay.  When I asked why and for additional pictures he never responded.  This was a scam and I am sure if I had sent the money I never would have received the album.   So beware if anyone named Alton Hope contacts you and offers to sell you something. He is not a Cadillac member and it is a scam to get you to send him money. 

The Tassie Devil(le)

PLEASE BE AWARE

This person has been the subject of previous scamming attempts, and we have done everything we can as Administrators and Moderators to stop him, or her, including banning some people that had managed to infiltrate the Forum, who had recommended contacting this Alton Hope, but this fellow is somehow finding out information on peoples wants, and contacting them outside the Forum.

One way to limit these attacks would be for any Member posting their wants and needs to not include any phone numbers or email addresses in their posts, but request that they be contacted initially by the Forums' Personal Message System (PM's) as your email addresses that are supplied are not available to anyone, apart from Administrators of this Forum.

We all need to be vigilant, and wary of anything that comes to us from someone we don't actually know.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

silvero604

I also received an e-mail from someone advising me that Alton Hope had the part I was looking for and provided Alton Hope's e-mail.
I did contact him but his response to my questions was difficult to understand.
The pictures he sent were the exact duplications of a part advertised on E-Bay.
It was obviously a scam and no money was ever sent.

B.Wright

Rossoroo

I got this from him for a parts wanted ad I posted in the forum.

Kindly contact hope in Louisiana,he has 1949 s62 turn signal lever for sale in good condition
Here's his email altonhope01@hotmail.com
49-6269 My First Caddy

Ohjai

Just received this via Personal Messenger  From Jude brant  he has 0 posts.  Is he for real?

"You can contact nicolas,he has 1938 Spark Plug Wire Support Bracket  for sale in good condition Here's his email nicolasmoore0@hotmail.com"

Jim
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

Cadman-iac

I too just got a message through the forum from this Judebrant, referring me to Nicholas, saying that he's got the steering wheel lower cover that I am looking for.
I had just messaged an administrator about this because it stinks of scam to me. And now that I've seen your post Jim, I think that's exactly what it is, a scam.
Here's a screenshot of the message I got from him.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Ohjai

I sent him an email, phone number (985) 241-0277 in Hammond, Louisiana.  Did a search on this number, it is the same as Alton Hope..

BEWARE
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Ohjai on June 02, 2021, 02:52:33 PM
I sent him an email, phone number (985) 241-0277 in Hammond, Louisiana.  Did a search on this number, it is the same as Alton Hope..

BEWARE

Thank you Jim, I for one definitely appreciate your efforts here.

I think that this whole thread needs to be posted to each one of the sections of the forum so that it's highly visible to anyone looking through the forums, and not just this section. Someone may not happen to know to look here for information on these thieves. I only happened across it when I was looking for my original post on the part I was asking about. I thought perhaps this guy may have posted on it in addition to the message he sent me.

So if an administrator is looking at this, maybe suggest that this topic is posted on all the sections. Just my thoughts on this.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

The Tassie Devil(le)

Thanks for being wary of these types of messages.

It turns out that Jude Brant is also a Spammer, and has just been banned.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

FabCad

I was also contacted by Judebrant, referring me to nicolasmoore0@hotmail.com for parts. Obvious scam, especially given the brand new CLC profile.
1948 Sedanette
1949 Convertible
1950 Convertible
1957 Biarritz
1960 Convertible

russ austin

So we can call out people who are suspect in shady dealings, why not business? I'll wait.
R.Austin

mario

Quote from: russ austin on June 03, 2021, 07:36:05 AM
So we can call out people who are suspect in shady dealings, why not business? I'll wait.

Don't hold your breath, russ. You're beating a dead horse. It boils down to, "because I said so..." or "it's in the rules..." that's why.
Ciao,
Mario Caimotto

J. Russo

I was also messaged by judebrant yesterday and he referred me to the email mentioned in previous replies here. I knew something was up when I was told the seller could not send photos of the part I needed. I then checked judebrant's profile and it was registered about 2 days ago.
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

Tony clc#24130

Alton Hope got me for 50.00 bucks off of this site. I was looking for a part with no success and was messaged by Jude sending me to Alton. Oh well live and learn.

greencorn

Looking for 1931 Cadillac inside door handle.  Contacted by SDGM who sent me phone number of "Sam".  Left message on phone number and received half literate reply sending me pictures from ePay of wrong item.  Another con man.  Always be skeptical of anyone responding to your ad.

D.Smith

Quote from: russ austin on June 03, 2021, 07:36:05 AM

Because those shady businesses are often advertisers in the club magazine. If they see a negative post about them they threaten to sue.   It's always about the money.