News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 1958 Deville right side wiper arm

Started by TomJudd, May 09, 2022, 11:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomJudd

Looking to buy 1 1958 CDV right side windshield wiper arm,  Have some 58 parts maybe trade ?

denniscaddy

Hi,
I have one.
dennis@caddyparts.com
Dennis
CLC 3676
1941 Fleetwood 60S
2017 CT6

TomJudd

Thanks Dennis, as we messaged the arm without a clip will not work for me, anyone else have one ?

TomJudd

This mssg to Administer, re scammer "James Tom " Find attached screen shots of his reply to my "part wanted" ad for wiper arms, all others beware of James Tom /James Thompson........SCAMMER

TomJudd

2nd screen shot of scammer James Tom  attached

The Tassie Devil(le)

Thanks Tom,

The Spammer has now been banned.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

benji808

The Tassie Devil(le)

From looking at this attempt, and previous ones, it seems that someone joins the Message Board, and the same day, sends a PM to a Member that is wanting something, and the rest is history.

The only way that they can send the PM's is to join, as without joining, there is no possibility of accessing the PM or email capability of the Forum.

It looks like they access the Forum, which is open to anyone to look, look for a possible sucker, then join, and with a good IP address and internet access, they pass the security firewall.

All Members must be cautious when posting Wanted to Buy, or anything at all for that matter, refrain from adding their Phone Number or email address.   This way, Contact and Correspondence is made difficult for the Spammer, as the legitimate Members have the capability of either using the International Membership Directory, which only Financial Members have, or via the PM or email systems.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

TomJudd

Bruce,did this guy pay the dues? join, and tried to pull the quick scams  and skeedaddle with $$$ recouping his membership fees ? Could you make a probationary period of couple weeks, no buy or sell? Or do an admin. verify phone # and E mail check for legitimacy ? Thanks for all your help and time/effort keeping this site/club legitimate and safe !!! Happy hot roddin all, finally weather in Rochester ripe for cruisin. Was a long hard winter here. $ 100 for fill up yesterday . 8 MPG , ugh !!  Tom

The Tassie Devil(le)

Tom,

One does not have to be a Financial Member of the CLC to Register on this Discussion Forum.   This has been set by the Board of Directors as in most cases, once a person sees how well they like the Forum, more often than not, they decide to Join the CLC.   Could call it a "Recruiting Tool"

The number of new Members that legitimately join in one day is normally about 5, and the the number of attacks by Spammers can be up to around 8 to 10, and these are barred by the Firewall that is set up by the Webmaster through the Forum Supplier.   Plus, there are new Members joining during the day when I am checking the Message Board, both good, and bad members.   The good stay, the bad are banned and deleted.

Since the Forum went to a new Service Provider, there would have been 1,000 spammers denied proceeding through the Firewall, due to their history of spamming via their IP Address, or email address.

The Moderators are vetting every new Member, by IP and email address, and the spammers to check that nobody slips through that firewall.   This can take up to an hour every morning when there is a lot of new members.   Some pass through as they successfully pass the Firewall, and others need Authorising before they can proceed.

Recently there have been a lot that have got through, as witnessed by the number of Scam warnings being posted.   When these are reported, we act as soon as we can.   But, they have to be reported.

It is a never-ending task.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

fishnjim

They come up on ebay etc. occasionally, but may have to wait quite a while.  I don't think it makes any difference if left or right.
U don't need the cam-o-matic which are getting priced out of sight.
You can use a regular wiper arm of the right length.   That's what I did.  Got from Summit racing.   My springs were missing, vacuum WWs weren't working when bought.   And doesn't have to come from a Cadillac, either.   A period cam-o wiper arm same length.
I have not seen anyone repoping these or parts.   So few used.
You can try the "wiperman", but he was out several years ago when I checked.   

TomJudd

Jim, got one on its way ! $75 The L and R have each a slight bend down at tip where  blades attach. PO converted mine to electric motor, No worries about the engine vacuum pump ... Tom

TonyZappone #2624

Not only this club, but other clubs I belong to allow outsiders to participate in the forum.  As past president of this other club I found that not only do these people NOT join, but when you give them FREE memberships for a year, they still don't renew.  Bite the bullet.  Join, or go away.  Keeps out the riff raff (there could be exceptions, financial hardships, young members, etc)
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle