News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 CDV

Started by Claudio, June 26, 2023, 09:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I can understand the heat, here in Arizona it's hotter than hell, but as they say, "it's a dry heat", until the monsoons start, and then it's just like Florida for a while.

Just so you know, wives don't understand that we aren't being lazy when we're sitting on the couch watching TV, we're planning and thinking about how we're going to do all the things we believe we can do and brag about to anyone who will listen, am I right?  Lol!!

Glad you still have everything and it's in working order. I still have everything I came with, but have had a few extra parts added over the last 20 years. I set off metal detectors now.

How did you find your repair panels? I know you have a different year car than mine  but all I've been able to find are Chinese made crap, thus the parts car.
 I wasn't aware that you can get panels from Europe. Do they make stuff for other years?

Thanks, Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Cadillac Jack 82

Quote from: Cadman-iac on July 06, 2023, 01:53:05 PMI can understand the heat, here in Arizona it's hotter than hell, but as they say, "it's a dry heat", until the monsoons start, and then it's just like Florida for a while.

Just so you know, wives don't understand that we aren't being lazy when we're sitting on the couch watching TV, we're planning and thinking about how we're going to do all the things we believe we can do and brag about to anyone who will listen, am I right?  Lol!!

Glad you still have everything and it's in working order. I still have everything I came with, but have had a few extra parts added over the last 20 years. I set off metal detectors now.

How did you find your repair panels? I know you have a different year car than mine  but all I've been able to find are Chinese made crap, thus the parts car.
 I wasn't aware that you can get panels from Europe. Do they make stuff for other years?

Thanks, Rick

Rick I'm not entirely sure we're going to get that monsoon season this year.  I'm down in the valley and it feels like hell right now.  Luckily all three of my gals have AC but they certainly struggle when its 110 outside lol.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Moody

All these warnings are excellent points about working with heat and chemicals. One other one is, "old car allergies" as I'll call it. These old rusty cars, especially in humid environments, can have a lot of mold, years of dust accumulation, and general funk that you will liberate when grinding and sanding. Wear respiratory protection always. Get a tetanus shot if you're due as well.
Moody

Cadman-iac

Quote from: 55 CDV Fan 82 on July 06, 2023, 02:22:16 PMRick I'm not entirely sure we're going to get that monsoon season this year.  I'm down in the valley and it feels like hell right now.  Luckily all three of my gals have AC but they certainly struggle when its 110 outside lol.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too. I'm down here 20 miles south west of Tombstone, so we get a little better chance of rain than the rest of the state. We can surely use it too. Already have had something like 8 fires so far, and the only thing that saved us was the air tankers that they keep on Fort Huachuca's airfield, or wherever they hide them.
 I've been playing catch-up with my yard work since February, trying to clear out all the dry grass, weeds, and dead tree branches. Been hauling it all out to the compost facility here, and then they had a fire start in one of their huge piles of debris. Been closed for almost 2 weeks now, and I can't wait for them to open up again. My dump trailer is full!
 And I've got a roofing company coming out hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks to replace my roof, so the monsoon is wanted, and not wanted, if you know what I mean.
 Then all the weeds will grow back and I get to do this all over again.
 Sometimes it makes me wish I lived in an apartment where someone else took care of the yard.
 But then I wouldn't get to enjoy my cars and trucks and keep my personal salvage yard, right?

Rick
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Moody on July 06, 2023, 02:56:52 PMAll these warnings are excellent points about working with heat and chemicals. One other one is, "old car allergies" as I'll call it. These old rusty cars, especially in humid environments, can have a lot of mold, years of dust accumulation, and general funk that you will liberate when grinding and sanding. Wear respiratory protection always. Get a tetanus shot if you're due as well.

Yep! You just reminded me about one that we have here in the southwest, the Hanta virus. It's from inhaling the dust and whatever in the car with mouse/rat crap in it. If not caught in time it can kill you, but I haven't heard of a case for a long time now.
 What wonderful things have to deal with, huh?
 Be safe people.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Moody

It's a miracle some of us are still alive with all we've inhaled over the years. I've welded galvanized too, thinking it was better for floor pan repair. That was a big mistake.

Moody

Lexi

This thread brings to mind something that an old comdedian once said, "If I knew that I would have lived this long I would have taken better care of myself". LOL. Clay/Lexi

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Lexi on July 06, 2023, 04:14:51 PMThis thread brings to mind something that an old comdedian once said, "If I knew that I would have lived this long I would have taken better care of myself". LOL. Clay/Lexi

You mean good Ole Mr. No Respect himself, Rodney Dangerfield?
 Yeah, I often repeat that myself, but it's true. My younger self didn't really care about what I may have been doing to my body, and now I'm paying for it. Well, me, and my insurance company anyway,  lol!!
CLC# 32373

Lexi

Hahahahahahaha! LMAO! So it was Rodney. So true. When we were younger we felt indestructible. Then after years of wear and tear, pay the price. Clay/Lexi

jwwseville60

Great project. The best.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC