News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1 of 1 Cadillac ELR Sport 2016 $46,500 OBO

Started by sheriffwoody, May 16, 2022, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheriffwoody

77 MPG. 0-60 in 6.4 seconds. Super reliable GM voltec EV and gasoline range extender. Ultra luxury with Apple Car Play. Best of all worlds as a real head turner of a futuristic body style.

2016 Red/Cashmere Cadillac ELR with Sport Package. Seriously short 60-0 braking distance with its factory Brembos.

Only 50 Sport models built and only 2 of them are red passion. This is the ONLY Sport with passion red tricoat and cashmere interior of the 50 built. Rare and reliable piece of Cadillac History.

40k Miles. Apple Car Play. Android auto with software update. Reliable Voltec powertrain still under GM battery warranty 10 years 150,000 mile warranty and emission warranty 8 years 80,000 miles. Cadillac battery recall never needed and never done. 32-37 mile EV range then 37 mpg on engine. Lifetime average of 77mpg. Tires are Goodyear Eagles replaced 3 years ago 60% tread left. perfectly clean CarFax. No accidents. Clean title in hand. In Desert Southwest it's entire life so zero corrosion.

12v battery replaced 8/2021. Cue screen replaced 3/21. Not Kona and no ACC which seems too impossible to find in a 2016. Light crease rear bumper and slight ding driver's door. Otherwise ready to be buffed and waxed as a garage queen or a daily driver in. Many advantages to the 2016 model and a Sport to top it off. Auto 12 amp charging in 10 hours on 110v. 4.5 hours on 240v. Auto lock and unlock as you approach. Clear ceramic tint on front windshield and ceramic tint all the way around. Heated steering wheel. Weathertech floor mats included.

2014 production numbers:

450 Silver 811 Black 540 Red 39 White (Saks Fifth Ave Edition)* 478 Gray

Interior Color 1251 Ebony interior, 540 Kona, 527 Cashmere (tan)

Of the final 523 built for 2016:

50 Sports made (5 totaled in junk yards now). Most Sports are black or white. Only 2 Red Sports made.

Non Sport 2016 numbers 473.

60 Red

179 White

50 Silver

166 Black

68 Gray

Interior colors 253 Black, 141 Kona, 129 Cashmere (tan)

Bryan J Moran

Price?  And why the focus on rarity?  Do you believe that adds PRICE ? 
CLC 35000 in number only

CadillacDNA

Always has always will. If you are interested call the man, if not...
1959,6237 coupe; 1959,6237 coupe; 1960,6237 Seville; 1960,6437 Seville; 1960,6267 convertible; 1960,6267 convertible.

jdemerson

The 2016 ELR is indeed VERY rare and this one is unique. I suspect that few of us on this message board have much familiarity with the ELR. I remember seeing a 2014 model in the showroom, and it was a real eye-catcher -- something like the CTS Coupe but even more so.

Many reviewers looked down on it because they saw it as a restyled Chevrolet Volt. But is was as different from the Volt as an Escalade is from a Chevrolet Suburban. And the XLR is on the Corvette platform, though it does have a Cadillac-built Northstar engine. I'm perhaps unusual in our context here in NOT looking down on the ELR... It is a fascinating model.

Here is what Wikipedia says about the 2016 model ELR:
2016 model
Skipping the 2015 model year, for the 2016 model year Cadillac decreased the ELR's MSRP by $10,000 and raised total system horsepower, from its two electric motors and gasoline four-cylinder engine. Horsepower increased from 217 to 233, and peak torque increased from 295 lb-ft to 373 – reducing the zero-to-60 time by 1.5 seconds. The 2016 models featured revised torque-steer-mitigating strut technology with stiffer springs, stiffer control-arm bushings, and the addition of a damper rebound spring.

The rear twist-beam axle received stiffer bushings for its Watts linkage and the adaptive suspension was retuned to match the increased stiffness and the recalibrated steering. Brakes were also upgraded. An optional performance package reduces the ELR's electric-only driving range by about four miles, and includes summer-only performance tires, new 20-inch wheels, Brembo four-piston front brake calipers with 13.6-inch vented rotors, a sport steering wheel with a thicker rim, and unique steering and suspension revisions.

The 2016 ELR included previously optional blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, automatic high beams, and lane-change alert as well as a 4G LTE onboard data connection with Wi-Fi hotspot capability. The 2016 model also features Cadillac's revised, wreathless crest badge and a revised front "grille."

The engine management software was updated and the regenerative braking system reconfigured. The 2016 ELR delivered an all-electric range of 39 mi (63 km), up from 37 miles.

I'm not sure about a "Sport" model 2016 ELR, but there was a "performance package" in the sales catalog, and I presume this is what the seller is referring to:
Performance Package
    Sport leather steering wheel15
    20" sport alloy wheels15
    Performance, summer-only tires16 (RE2) P245/40ZR20
    Performance Brakes with 4-wheel anti-lock; 4-wheel vented disc with 4-piston Brembo® front
    calipers
    Sport-tuned suspension

The value of a car like this depends entirely on what someone is willing to pay for it. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. This particular model is undeniably rare... Good luck to Mr. Karasik.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac sedan 6219X  (NOT a plug-in hybrid.  :) )
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

James Landi

What a fabulous machine--- if I were still gainfully employeed, I'd buy it from you, but for a retired guy with too many cars, it won't work for me.  Hooping you'll sell it to a CLC member,  James