News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Who can help? Pictures of 1941 Convertible Vacuum Cylinder lower attachment

Started by manfredrusche, May 22, 2022, 07:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfredrusche

I am restoring a 1941 6267D convertible coupe. Can anyone help me with pictures, drawings or descriptions of the bottom attachment of the vacuum cylinder to the floor/chassis? Are the cylinder attachments only screwed to the body floor or also connected to the chassis? Flat irons with internal threads are welded on each side of the chassis in this area (see pictures).

Thank you for sending information directly to my email: manfredrusche@web.de

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

One never takes enough pictures but here are three that show some of what you are asking.  This is a 1940 but convertible hardware is identical to 41 except for one piece of rubber.  My car was really rusty, but this was all intact when I got it.  No connection to the frame.  I don't remember exactly but from the pictures I think it was just a extra plate with sets welded to the floor.  If you have nothing showing I would be worried to get the exact position for the mount.  Expanding the pictures will show more.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

manfredrusche

Hi Brad. Thank you so much for your pictures! They were able to solve my problems! My convertible had some bad body repairs and I was unsafe with these welded plates. Now I know, they were original and I can continue my work now. Nice work on your convertible! That´s the standard I like! Thanks again, Manfred