News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Help with 1959 Horn Wire

Started by Ivan Yurtin, May 23, 2022, 12:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Yurtin

My horn wire was missing from the steering column (previous owner just wired a button under dash). I purchased the correct wire for the horn as shown in the attachment. I believe the end with the connector goes to the horn contact button in the steering wheel. However I don't know where the other bare end of the wire connects. I don't see a connection location on the Neutral Safety Switch. If the wire is supposed to connect to the Nuetral Safety Switch and it routs down the center of the steering column, I don't see an exit point on the steering column for the wire. Possibly it connects somewhere in the steering column???? Please provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Ivan Yurtin
Ivan Yurtin

Michael Petti

See if this helps. It's about a 58, but I think the setup is roughly the same.

fishnjim

It should locate into the connector on/for the steering column.   All the wires for turn signals, horn, etc connect there.   You'll need the right pin to fit.   I think they're round.   Crimps on with a tool.   Wire color is on the electric diagram, but guessing it's red. 
The button end goes under the horn on the wheel.