News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Series 62 heater hose routing at booster

Started by Keldridge, April 06, 2020, 07:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keldridge

Good morning
When I disassembled this car the 3/4 heater hose coming from the low side of the water pump on the driver's side looped over the brake booster and then to the y fitting. I haven't found anything on the routing in the authenticity manual and looking at google images I see some over the booster and some under. Either route doesn't look very good as far as functionality due to kinking. What have your guys done there? Asking from a safe social distance!

Stay safe

Kevin

J. Gomez

Quote from: Keldridge on April 06, 2020, 07:17:38 AM
Good morning
When I disassembled this car the 3/4 heater hose coming from the low side of the water pump on the driver's side looped over the brake booster and then to the y fitting. I haven't found anything on the routing in the authenticity manual and looking at google images I see some over the booster and some under. Either route doesn't look very good as far as functionality due to kinking. What have your guys done there? Asking from a safe social distance!

Stay safe

Kevin

Kevin,

The hoses are routed under the brake booster.

There should be two hangers at the inner fender where the houses are clipped one on the back for the main return from the left side heater box and one closer to the booster for both the return of the RH and LH heater boxes.

The bottom of the “Y” would go to the water pump inlet.

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Keldridge

Thanks. That is a much cleaner look. Appreciate it