News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Movie, Tin Men

Started by billyoung, March 19, 2023, 07:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyoung

Seeing the piece about the movie HUD reminded me about the movie Tin Men from the 80's. It is crammed with Cadillac's from a 1957 Eldorado Biarritz to a 1963 Coupe DeVille. In the 90's while working at MetLife in Rochester, New York a young man came to work with us from Baltimore Maryland where the movie was made. He related that at the time of the filming he was working at the Hotel where Danny DeVito and Richard Dreyfuss were staying and that one morning when the Limousine came to pick them both up to take them to the filming, he overheard DeVito say to Dreyfuss. " This isn't a real Cadillac, the ones we are driving in the movie are ".
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Vince Taliano #13852

Great movie that was filmed in my hometown.  For its 30th anniversary, we featured a story in the April 2017 issue of the Caddie Chronicle -- pages 7-9.  I have the framed movie poster in my basement.

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Great film and have watched it many times. Purely from a standpoint of accuracy, my only quibble is with the '63 driven by the main character which had a number of inauthentic modifications. I've always wondered whether the decision to use such a car was intentional or by chance. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

V63

The likely reality is very few people actually notice or care from a movie producers perspective. So it was done.

billyoung

Yes, at least it was mostly accurate Cadillac wise Vs. Mad Men when Don Draper buys a new 1962 Cadillac  Coupe DeVille that is actually a Series 62 Coupe. Also in the showroom was the rear end of a 1961.
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.