News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

73 eldorado..trip odometer not.....& climate control color wheel discoloration..

Started by Terry Cox #26379, July 17, 2011, 09:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Cox #26379

hello men , just two more questions for the forum. i've had a number of posts lately and am thankful for the club's answer's, and i am learning a great deal but i'm not quite through  sorting out all the concerns on my 73 eldorado.
first up; the trip odometer on my dash....the knob...is it supposed to turn to reset the mileage or just push  in like some of the newer stuff? seems as though i should turn the knob to reset but mine must be frozen/rusted in place. any idea's...?

secondly; the color wheel for my climate control...it is discolored in the "blue"? zone. maybe the ? red zone..i'm away from it now. but no matter.
one of the area's is discolored where the previous owner let this car sit for some time evidently with the sun shining through a small window in his warehouse causing slight paint discoloration in a small area , very slight dash cover discoloration, and discoloration to this climate control wheel. (this is the only answer i have..... lining up a sight line matches this for an answer)
does anyone on here know if it is possible to replace this item and to what degree (no pun) of trouble? and would someone on here have the wheel in good shape color wise i could purchase???      Thanks, T. Bryan Cox    Louisville  ??? 8)

Terry Cox #26379

how about it men? can someone answer either question?  or both? t.bryan cox

EAM 17806

TERRY!  To get that wheel alone is going to be a tough one. I think 73-76 Caddys are the same wheel and you might catch one in an old junk yard, etc. As far as the odometer I would think you have to turn the knob to reset the mileage since the 76 is that way and the push in ones came later. Hope you have good luck in finding yourself a wheel.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Herb

Terry, I have a complete control module form a 1975 Eldorado. I don't want to break it up but if you are interested , I'll sell the module for $25. + shipping. Herb Fearn (eldoherbemail addresses not permitted) Let me knoe if you want a pic.

Terry Cox #26379

Quote from: Herb on July 29, 2011, 01:28:39 PM
Terry, I have a complete control module form a 1975 Eldorado. I don't want to break it up but if you are interested , I'll sell the module for $25. + shipping. Herb Fearn (eldoherbemail addresses not permitted) Let me knoe if you want a pic.

Herb, sounds really great. i sent you a private e-mail. thanks for all the help from the cad/las folks....P.S. just made a reservation for nat'l meet in columbus,oh.this afternoon...hope to see some of you folks there as it will be my first one.... hope i remember / recognize some names when i see them.  Thanks, Terry26379