News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How Rare Is This Cadillac ???

Started by Doug Smith, October 31, 2010, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Smith

I own a 1961 Cadillac Town Sedan (short deck) and have slowly been getting information from other Cadillac owners and those who know a little bit about the subject.

I've had a few people tell me that my car is somewhat rare in the fact that there just aren't many out there any more that are drivers never mind the fact that there were only 3-4K made in the first place.

Can you guys lend your thoughts and tell me, do you know of someone that has one or maybe you've seen one in your area.

I have a ton of questions concerning my car and would like to ask someone that actually owns one and has possibly had some of the same issues as I do.

Thankx in advance for any info you can provide.
D. Smith

Doug Smith

Boy I was starting to think I was right and the guy who told me about my car was off his rocker....all the views my post got and no answers made me wonder. :'(   Thanks for the info link. ;D
D. Smith

Dan LeBlanc

Hi Doug

It's been awhile since I logged in here, but I just came across your post.  Setting aside the Commercial Chassis and the Series 75 limos, yes, you do have a rare sedan. 

There is a site devoted to 61 and 62 Cadillacs that I'm a member of and would encourage you to join also.  The amount of knowledge and enthusiasm for these cars is overwhelming and the site is growing daily.  I'd encourage you to join us at www.61-62cadillacs.com - if you do, don't forget to list your car in the registry.  We're trying to document as many of these cars as possible.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Doug Smith

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I actually found this site and joined, and have already uploaded photos in the album sections.
You can see my car under my username- "61TOWNSEDAN".
D. Smith