News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 Limousine Repairs Finally Underway!

Started by jaxops, December 20, 2020, 09:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesstaton2

Quote from: jaxops on June 11, 2022, 10:23:04 AMNew carpet in the rear compartment.  Snaps were installed as in the originals to be able to remove the carpet around the jump seats if necessary.IMG_2118.JPG

Rear seat and door panels will be sent out in July 2022 for recovering.

Beautiful Car! Where did you source the carpet for your car? I am looking for carpet for my 1949 Series 75 and can't seem to find it listed anywhere.

Thanks

Jeff Hansen

The original series 75 rear compartment carpet was called Mosstred carpeting.  This was just mohair fabric glued over a rubber backing material.  Easily made once you find the color of mohair fabric you want to use.  The carpet used in the front compartment depended on the sub-series (IE, series 7519X, 7523X, 7533X, or a livery model - 7523L, 7533L).

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

jwwseville60

What an amazing project!
Someday Id like to help someone restoring a Caddy.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

James Landi

"Someday Id like to help someone restoring a Caddy."

John is on to something here.  A "repair tour" event, visiting resortation engaged CLC members by region.   (I'll leave the details to others)   James