News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

It came to me as a running project, so I never had it on the road until I had brakes, carb, etc worked out.  So it has been there the whole time I've had it here for the last couple months.
How long have you had this car or has it been under your care?  And has it always had this vibration or did it suddenly or slowly start?  Were you chasing other issues replacing all those parts or was that all for the vibration?
I should mention that it is most prevalent at 25-40 mph.
Hello all, I am dealing with a vibration that has my head spinning.  I am used to dealing with Buicks with the center carrier bearing on the driveshaft, and that is what is wrong 90% of the time on those.

Initially, I felt this vibration and immediately pulled the driveshaft to have the carrier bearing replaced and also had the driveshaft balanced at that point.  I have also replaced all wheel bearings front and back.  Brand new tires from Diamond Back.  All drums turned.

Is there a way that the transmission can be incorrectly mounted to the engine where it causes a high frequency vibration?  We have to deal with this in Buicks with the Dynaflow, and if the flex plate is clocked wrong on the torque convertor, it will cause a similar vibration. 

Transmission mount is brand new, and engine mounts are good and tight.

Unrelated - do these Hydramatic transmissions whine a lot while in neutral?  This one sings pretty loudly when not in gear.

Thanks!

Adam
General Discussion / Re: POLL: What's the newest Ca...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 02:15:20 PM
Is there any data comparing the average cost of a new Cadillac today vs older times with inflation and all?  I'm wondering over time if they have got more or less expensive? 
Restoration Corner / Re: 70 Fleetwood mini resto
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 01:46:41 PM
Maybe. Ill check. Thanks.
Car runs well and Ill have it at the Gettysburg event.
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 1936 Side Tire Mount Mirro...
Last post by Tucker6077 - Today at 01:37:47 PM
Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on August 21, 2023, 07:55:24 PMPA-LEESE don't put lollypop mirrors on your car!! They are SO incorrect. Last year they were used was 1933.
Bob

The CLC Auth Manual 2024 shows these on a 1936 Series 60
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle Carpet
Last post by Ben Medlock - Today at 01:32:56 PM
I have a 1940 model 5019. Thanks for your help
Nice shape shame its not the right color for my car :(
Found out on another forum that they just pull out! Case closed.