News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Manifold Washers

Started by The Tassie Devil(le), June 24, 2022, 03:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

The below message was posted by Member Joel LITTLE.

Somehow it got lost when moving it from one Forum to the correct one, and therefore I have managed to resurect part of it for Joel.

If anyone can assist Joel, please contact Joel by PM, after doing a Member Search on "Jolit"

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D

Original request from Jolit.

I am searching for a manifold washer for a 1956 Series 60 Special with the 365 engine. For the intake manifold. It measures approximately 1-3/8" OD, 3/8" ID, and 1/4" thick. I am sure it is made of some sort of hardened steel. Does anyone out there know who sells these parts or a company that has them? They seem not to exist anymore. I have changed out my bad intake manifold but embarrassingly lost one of the washers and this has stymied my project. Many thanks
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

fishnjim

Search for SAE "extra heavy" duty flat washers, then the appropriate size.  I probably have one somewhere with the spare parts, but should be available for sale. 
I suspect it fell into some place inaccessible but if you take a wand magnet and poke around it might re-appear. 
Paint same as the motor color.

Lexi

My reply was lost as well. I do have one. $5.00 plus shipping and it is from a 1956 Cadillac intake manifold. Still has a fleck or two of Cadillac engine blue paint left on it. Images show digital micrometer as well as bolt gauge measurement sizing which are well within the nominal sizes or dead on. Will send him a PM also. If he lived nearby I would just give it to him & cut out the post office and packing/shipping hassle. Jim is right. Unless already done, take a magnet and blind search for it. The broad kind are great for sweeping grassy areas and the long narrow types are handy for poking around tight spaces and other areas where visibility and reach are restricted.. Clay/Lexi

Ken Perry

They should be the same up to 1962 and maybe up to 1967. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Lexi

Hello Joel. Just found your PM in my junk email folder. Something must have changed in my settings as they have never went there before. Glad I checked it. Have just sent you a PM. Clay/Lexi

Jolit

Hello Clay, I did not receive that PM; I'm not sure what is going on. I sure would like to buy that washer from you. Perhaps you might try again. I check my junk/trash emails as often as the others and clear them out. I sure hope I didn't overlook yours and delete it, assuming it also went to my junk email. I will try again asap if I don't hear anything from you soon. Thanks, Joel

Lexi

Navigating the Forum is part of learning how to use its various features, (Forum was recently updated-so all on a bit of a learning curve). Perhaps my email is not as happy with PMs from the re-vamped Forum? Don't know. Probably a good idea for all members to periodically check their "junk" email before deleting. Went back to dig out the washer again; will package and get a shipping quote for you. Will be in touch and welcome to the Forum. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Joel I will call you this eve. Clay/Lexi

David King (kz78hy)

I had some made several years ago, if the ones above don't work out, get in touch with me.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region