News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Left rear window switches not working

Started by Georges63cad, June 06, 2023, 04:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georges63cad

Hello to all. I have two window switches on the door of my 63 Caddy 4 door. When I try either one all that happens is my courtesy lights on the door dim. Is it my switches....I hope.

Cadman-iac

It's more likely to be your window motor than the switch. The fact that the lights dim indicates that the switch is working, but there's a load causing the lights to dim.
 Either the motor is going out, is already out, or there's enough drag on the window to stop the motor from moving it, and that's causing the lights to dim.
 I doubt that it would be the wiring to the switch, because you are getting a reaction from the lights. If the wiring were suspect, I don't believe you would see the lights react.
 You might want to remove the door panel and check the motor by jumping it with a hot wire directly from the battery. This will eliminate the wiring and the switch, or condemn them.
 Hope this helps.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"