News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cavern green

Started by Henry Obucks, February 26, 2023, 09:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Obucks

I hope this will be a productive winter restoring my "47 sedan. I want to paint it it's original color witch is Cavern Green. I was wondering if any has their car painted in this color and would post some pictures of them. I have a little original paint left in the rear door wheel well. Engine and all pumps will be sent out this month for rebuilding,will post pics when things start to come together.

Jeff Hansen

Henry,

I just had my 1941 60S painted Cavern Green, its original color, this past autumn.  Various photos attached.  All photos save for one were taken indoors.  I have not been able to get a photo op with the car outside as of yet.  I'm still in the reassembly phase.

I can provide the paint formula if you have interest.  It's also posted here on the forum if you search.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Jeff, just beautiful
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

jwwseville60

Really nice.
This is almost the same as traditional British Racing green.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

59-in-pieces

Now, that is a beautifully done paint job.
You can see yourself from across the garage.
No bowlegged people in that shot.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

914Driver

I started rebuilding the 322 in my 1940 LaSalle, ran into problems and went to a 346.  Though Cavern Green is not correct for my car, it goes better with the gray body color. 
Here's a sample, engine isn't finished yet.  After seeing this, I went back and removed the cast flash.

914Driver

BTW, I believe the official name is Cavern Moss Green.