News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Authenticity Manual

Started by Ivan Yurtin, December 04, 2021, 08:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Yurtin

Does anyone know who is working on the manual? I pulled my transmission and engine and have a number of questions.
Thanks
Ivan Yurtin

Chuck Patton

Hello Ivan

Glad to learn of your progress with the 1959 Cadillac. Unfortunately, the only person that can find the 1959-1960 Cadillac Authenticity Manual is Dr. Jack Griffin aka Claude Rains. To receive the best counsel regarding your transmission I recommend Ronald Threadgill redcad59@pipeline.com. Please contact me if you have any other questions.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

Ivan Yurtin

Thanks Chuck:

What I'm also looking for is what is supposed to be painted on the engine and transmission. I'm not sure that it follows the same as the 1958. Also I'm looking for colors of the engine compartment.
If you have any guidance, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan Yurtin

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Maybe this will help.

Note that if equipped with air conditioning, the numerical stamping on radiator is "35", not 34.

Also, the yellow silk screened decal on the radiator support would only be present if coolant was originally installed in the radiator (either Z1 (-10 deg F) or Z2 (-20 deg F) recorded on the build sheet). The decal indicated which. Cars destined for warm climates would have rust inhibitor additive only and would not have the decal.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute