News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Forum Software Update

Started by sbartelski, May 31, 2022, 11:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Skelly

If this new format eliminates the occasional situations where the photos are too large and the text too wide, leading to going back and forth with the slide bar, that's a big improvement.

I think the font for the text is too light and should have more of a contrast with the gray background. 

A minor annoyance is having to reply, "OK" to confirm that I want to mark a section (General Discussion, Technical, Cars For Sale, etc.) as read.

I just tried bolding the font on a sentence (while using the quick message feature) and got a bracket with a small b at each end of what I tried to highlight.

All in all, a great job was done to update to a newer system!  Thank you, Stefan!
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Clewisiii

Ok how do I reply from my phone and add pictures.   I only see the quick reply option.  And insert picture from http.   How do I reply with attachments on mobile.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

sbartelski

Quote from: Clewisiii on June 04, 2022, 09:24:07 AMOk how do I reply from my phone and add pictures.  I only see the quick reply option.  And insert picture from http.  How do I reply with attachments on mobile.
Sorry, can't help you there yet. I am going to be busy getting things ready for the BOD at the Grand Nationals, so it will be a while before I can research this question

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

smatarese

To upload a photo from mobile:

User Action (under thread title on the right) -> Reply

Under the text box there is a down arrow to the left of "Attachments and other options". If you tap the arrow and choose file you can upload a photo from your phone.

Attached should be a photo of my car at the Greenwich Concours today uploaded from my phone.

Stephen
1959 Eldorado Biarritz
1960 Eldorado Brougham

sbartelski

Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

sbartelski

The problem with the screens frequently and at random not completing has been identified by the SMF developers. A resolution will be provided in the next 'bug fix' update. In the meanwhile, please use the 'Refresh' button in your browser, Ctrl+R or the F5 key (for some browsers).
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

sbartelski

Quote from: sbartelski on June 08, 2022, 11:43:21 AMThe problem with the screens frequently and at random not completing has been identified by the SMF developers. A resolution will be provided in the next 'bug fix' update. In the meanwhile, please use the 'Refresh' button in your browser, Ctrl+R or the F5 key (for some browsers).
Sorry, folks for getting your hopes up, the resolution that is coming is for a different issue. Still working on 'incomplete screens'.
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

sbartelski

It looks like this issue has been resolved, please let me know if you come across it any more
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: sbartelski on June 08, 2022, 01:44:30 PMIt looks like this issue has been resolved, please let me know if you come across it any more

Good work Stefan !!...Thank you !!

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Big Fins

Working perfectly on this end. The only difference is the look. Good job, sir!
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

EAM 17806

Quote from: sbartelski on May 31, 2022, 11:57:28 AMI am pleased to announce that the update of the Forum software seems to be successful. Instead of just a security patch update I was able to upgrade to the latest version of the software. This does include some changes, including a new look.

Please contact me immediately via PM or email (webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org) if you encounter any issues or have any questions.

Stefan Bartelski  I am okay with the new update of the Forum;  just a little practice here and there will get all of us back on line. Good job Stefan!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

corleones

Thank you Stefan.  I posted a question today  June 15th under Corleones on the discussion forum and was wondering why all the posts from today say "new" except for my post? Just curious . Thanks
James Scarmozzino

The Tassie Devil(le)

That would be because it is your own post, and the way the Forum is set up is to show New Posts as posts that are new to you.

As you placed the post, it is not New to you, but, when someone replies to your post, then it will come up as a New one, indicating that you haven't seen it when you look the next time.

Trust this explains it?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Clewisiii

I don't know what it is about the picture upload button.  But every time ime I hit it my phone thinks I am trying to look up that word.

Any ideas on the forum button formating on why it might be doing this.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Quentin Hall

This is why I am so disappointed. Supposedly posted on July 15 from Detroit. No tracking or insurance.
It may be still in the mail... but I've bought a few other eBay items that have all turned up in a couple of weeks.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz