News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2003 Escalade

Started by BazisCaddy, August 12, 2022, 10:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazisCaddy

Hi Guys, I am hoping you are able to assist me with a problem, as I am currently dealing with a car dealer and I'm not sure if what I am being told is accurate.
I recently bought a 2003 Escalade her in the UK, which was imported from Japan, among other small items I have the DIC displaying 'Service Ride Control'.  I have asked the dealer to look into this for me as I fear there may be a problem with the air system somewhere.  However, he has insisted that nearly all GMC vehicles so imported show this as the cars are fitted with larger diameter wheels than original and it is merely a that a sensor needs changing?  I am not convinced at the moment, and worried there could be more to this than that.  Would this be true, and if so what sensor would need fitting, but if not could this mean a deal more expense putting this right.
Thanks for reading
Barry

Roger Zimmermann

If your dealer (Are there authorized GM dealers in UK?) is telling you that your tires/wheels are larger than stock, what do you have on your Escalade? From a source I have, standard tires were 265/70R17 and wheels 17 x 7.5J.
US vehicles are highly exotic in some countries; I would advise you to search for a shop manual and owner's manual to know more that the person you are dealing with. Ebay is a source for those manuals, but be sure that your Escalade is a MY 2003: from the left, the 10th character from the VIN must be a "3".
Personally, I doubt that the message on the DIC is set by larger tires/wheels, but I don't have the needed documentation.
Good luck!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

winger888

Had a 1998 and a 2008 Tahoe with different rims here in Germany and I never had any issues.
How would the system "know" that you changed them unless you forgot to transfer the TPMS sensors.
I bought a programmer on ebay to adjust the speedo to the different circumcise of the tires; but still if you don't do that nothing happens....
76 Eldorado Bicentennial
79 Lincoln Town Car Collectors Series

harvey b

Have you tried plugging in a OBD scanner,even the small handheld units should be able to produce a code,If you had a code we could point you in the right direction.You should be able to "make it go away" by pressing the buttons on the side of the dash?.See if you can find a small repair shop that might have one for american vehicles. harveyb
Harvey Bowness