News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

For sale: 2000 DeVille, like new, 7000 miles $12K, Denver, CO

Started by Tim I, July 18, 2022, 05:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim I

This car was bought new in 2000 by my wife's grandfather, a WWII Navy vet.  He didn't drive it much, and passed away not too long after. My wife's mother inherited the car, and my in-laws have had it for about 15 years now.  They have kept it maintained by the local Cadillac dealer, Don Massey (now John Elway) Cadillac, but only drove it on special occasions. The tires were replaced with new Michelins sometime during that period.   It sat though the pandemic, as they didn't go out at all for over a year. We put a new battery in it, and it started right up and ran well, even with 2-year old gas in it.  But my father-in-law is now almost 92 and doesn't drive anymore, and my mother-in-law mom finds it easier to get in and out of her small SUV, hence the sale.  It has just under 7000 miles on it, and aside from a couple very minor scratches is essentially a new car. 

The original sticker (which I have) shows the price of $44,435.  Options are :

Comfort/Convenience Package (Heated seats, power lumbar support, memory settings)

Safety/Security Package (Stabilitrak, ultrasonic rear parking assist, garage door opener.)

Also: Alloy wheels, Leather seats, AM/FM, Cassette, CD, with 8 speakers

I am tempted to buy it myself, but I already have a 2007 DTS,and my garages are full of old cars. I would have to store this car outside, and that would make my mother-in-law sad.

Tim I

Still available. This would be a great driver for someone. Just a bump before I put it on craigslist...

harry s

That's a beautiful car. Given the results I would try Bring A Trailer or Hemmings online auction rather than CL. You might be surprised.   Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Yes, I'm going to second Harry's suggestion, especially "Bring a Trailer"....they have been pulling some very solid sale #s lately....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Tim I

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'm trying a few non-Cadillac friends first, and if none of them are interested I'll look into Bring a Trailer.

Tim

Nick Liarakos #25230

Tim I

Hi Nick.  Sorry for the late reply.  Just saw this.  Yes, the car is still available.

Tim

caddybob

Hello Tim, Im interested in your Cadillac for sale.  Can I get your number to talk to you further about it.  Please email me at bobby@homebidderz.com.  Thanks, Bobby