News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vin location 59

Started by Dmjmd, November 23, 2022, 03:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmjmd

I have a '59 cadillac series 62 and want to confirm that all vin locations match the tag on the door.

Does anyone have pictures on where to look and best ways to view?

From above or below?

Jw4

Assuming that this is the same for 54-56 models, the engine number and the body number should match with the door tag. The body number is located at the right frame rail, next to the engine mount. The Engine number is located at the front wall of the right block. Both should be visible from above.
Ivan Beliaev

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Left frame rail top just aft of the radiator support. May have to sand lightly to view.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

David King (kz78hy)

There is a hidden VIN on the top side of the frame on the LH rear rail, midway in the trunk.  The body is blocking it so only with the body off, can it be seen.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

fishnjim

This is from the specifications book that used to be free on the GM heritage archive.  I don't know if it's still available, but I have it copied if needed.  Too large to upload all here.