News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1938 LaSalle body questions

Started by DAVID E, November 28, 2022, 07:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVID E

I am wondering if there is a body manual, pictures or instructions of any sort. As I am attempting to put back together my 1938 LaSalle Opera Coop. (it was this way when I got the old girl) I have the front fenders that are flapping as there are no fender brackets.
I also have the spare tire mount on the left side fender that is loose. I believe there are parts missing for both of these items. I am also installing a new nose section and grille, I would like to know how to adjusted  the hood and side engine panel so everything lines up correctly. So If any one can help me out I would appreciated very much.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

See if you can find a 1937 or 1938 Fisher Body Manual on eBay. (At times, they did not publish every year and the basic body shells will be the same and assembly quite similar.)

A Master Parts book would help as well. Also, joining the CLC would help as you can use our Directory that is available on line for certain classes of membership. I have found many of our members that own such cars are willing to accept cold calls or emails with your requests. (Just don't call at meal times or bed times.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Tom Beaver

David,

I have a 1938 LaSalle Coupe that I restored a few years ago.  You can contact me with any specific questions and I may be able to offer some help. I'm listed in the Directory.

Tom Beaver

DAVID E

Barry,
I am a member. I had order the 1938  fisher body Manuel, and there is nothing in the manual about the fenders or the spare tire. It covers every thing else on the body but the front end.

I was wondering if any one can take a picture of the front fenders mounting bracket, I may be able to remake them.

Also I was told at one time someone had reproduce the the spare tire latch. If this is true will any one have the persons name

Dave

Roger Zimmermann

Fenders and hood are usually in the mechanical shop manual.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101