News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: What are people signing up...
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 03:21:15 PM
Quote from: druby on Today at 11:34:54 AMJason,
I asked a simple question and the answer you gave made was NOT correct and you decided to omit the name, it's all about transparency my friend. If it was good enough to put in print then it should've been good enough to answer the question on the Fourm.
Lars made the motion. He is on the executive committee and volunteered to submit the motion. What does that really tell you? We had a vote and and it was unanimous except for one voting nay.  The bottom line is this was  discussed at length by many, and voted in favor by an overwhelming majority. You of all people should know how our process works.  I don't like being publicly called out but since you insist I have to be candid. Our board meetings are public and all members are invited to attend.
Thanks Bob and Harry S.  Somehow I have not been able to get into this form for several days.
General Discussion / 74 Eldorado dying seats
Last post by danjarrett1 - Today at 01:52:53 PM
Does anyone have any good information on dying the leather seats in their caddy? I don't want to,change the color, it's red and I like it, but they have become dull and color has thinned out. No rips or tears, just need to be refreshed. Has anyone done this or has any reccomendations?
While wiping down the hood this morning I noticed that I could depress the hood on either side of the center stop at it would "oil can" where there is no bracing. One of the members suggested that a "mastic" type material was installed at the factory to deal with this. My car was repainted several years ago, they did a good job but they did not address this issue. I'm trying to identify what seaalent/glue/filler I can use to add solid structure. The simplest way to diagnose this issue is to gently press down on the hood panels at various location to see if the flex. Not sure how I'll fix it but driving down the road with the long shinny black hood flexing makes me crazy
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by dn010 - Today at 01:41:02 PM
I just looked at the "major" procedure and luckily it is not as involved as 52+ - link is below. I'd still recommend a brake shoe tool kit, $20 bucks on Amazon and make the job a whole lot easier. I used to use a large screwdriver to try adjusting the star wheel but even just getting the adjusting tool makes a huge difference in making things easier. Screwdriver always would slip, the tool typically doesn't. You can also get new rubber plugs on amazon if yours are crusty, they weren't expensive, I can get the item number I ordered if you want.

https://cadillac.oldcarmanualproject.com/manuals/1951/1951%20Supplement/01-%20Supplement/b_P0033.jpg
General Discussion / Re: vintage underdash cool sys...
Last post by dn010 - Today at 01:29:09 PM
As stated, those systems are typically for cars that don't have factory AC already there. I had one in a 61 Chrysler Newport, it was in there when I bought it so I didn't have to figure out brackets for the compressor or where to drill holes in the firewall for the lines along with condenser placement and all that fun stuff. It worked great but if you already have AC, it might cost more to fix but should be much easier to actually fix instead of doing an install of a (cheaper) universal system.

I'm interested but I'm curious to know how easy or hard this is to install?  I love the cruise control feature on my 64 but I think it would be even better if the 59 had it.
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: WTB 1956 gas pedal assembl...
Last post by Lexi - Today at 12:57:31 PM
I have one but keeping it as a spare. If you want I could post some good photos of it with some measurements. They sometimes fail, and I have known a couple of Caddy guys who had machine shops make them a replacement. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Re: confused
Last post by Lexi - Today at 12:43:58 PM
Yep. Hello Jose. Long time no hear from. Hope all is OK. Like the rest of us I hope there are no surprises May 1st. Clay/Lexi
Mine does do it.  Never noticed before.  Now I wonder if its going to bother me.  I got home late so no time to investigate.   I don't currently have hood insulation so it should be easy for me to see if that glue stuff is still sticking between the bits.