News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 - Yesterday at 03:29:34 AM
Quote from: Cadillac Jack 82 on January 05, 2016, 09:21:50 AMSpeaking of tires I plan on replacing my radials with bias ply sometime this year.  I personally prefer the old ride/feel of bias ply's.  My question is does anyone use the firestone white script tires here?  If so can you shoot me some pictures?  I've seen these on other makes and they look nice but never on a Caddy.
I have the Firestone script wide whites on my 54 CDV. I love them. I don't like the look of radial tires on our cars, they just look too small. As for ride quality, bias ply tires are unforgiving of wear etc in the steering and suspension. Keep everything greased up and they're good. I drove my car on a 400 mile round trip one weekend and had no problems.
General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by OzellaJT - Yesterday at 02:02:51 AM
Hey,

For that Vegas trip, considering radials like the Silvertowns or American Classic Radials sounds like a solid plan. They offer better performance and reliability than the classics. As for the bias look radials, hearing from others who've tried them could be helpful. Play it safe and go with what's tried and true for a smooth ride.

Happy cruising! 🚗✨
General Discussion / Re: I need some color advice
Last post by OzellaJT - Yesterday at 02:00:35 AM
Hey there,

That's exciting! Choosing the perfect color for your Cadillac can really make it stand out. If Dusty Rose 48A isn't quite hitting the mark, it might be worth exploring other options. Sometimes, the perfect shade isn't on the standard paint charts. Have you considered custom colors or specialty finishes? Either way, I'm sure you'll find the perfect hue to make your Cadillac truly yours.

Best of luck with your search! 🎨🚗
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Wanted : Parts for a 1928 ...
Last post by yachtflame - Yesterday at 01:30:23 AM
Bill,
 I have several of the parts that you're looking for. You can contact me at
yachtflame@yahoo.com

Wayne Elsworth
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1966 Rag joint
Last post by Cadillac George - Yesterday at 01:16:01 AM
I purchased it from Caddy Daddy.  Quality look good, abd it fit ok.  No problems.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1978 Seville: Fuel Pump Po...
Last post by Seville Life - Yesterday at 01:15:04 AM
Great. I'm pleased you're back up and running and out there. The '76/'79 Sevilles are a glorious automobile in every respect.

When alterations are done, like our EFI being removed it can throw folk downline. Paul
I see there are two different thickness of gasket material available, 4mm and 6mm.  I purchased the FelPro which is 6mm but it just didn't seam to fit the cover correctly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Thanks for your replies.  I will get a better picture of the pried open part this week.  Plan to remove the can, check it for leaks and paint it. 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: HEI "eating" ignition modu...
Last post by Seville Life - Yesterday at 01:07:23 AM
Interesting about NEW modules. Trouble is my cars of over 100,000 miles now?

Chopper - sorry I never replied to your thoughts. The fuel supply is fine. What happens is you turn over the motor, it spins real fast, 10 seconds nothing. I stop, then try again again, same thing.

Typically it take three to four goes to start. When she fires up she immediately runs beautifully and thereafter that trip or day starts immediately? Really weird.

The battery is a very powerful Bosch, used them for years. I think it might be worth going through EVERY electrical connection used in the starting process and cleaning them up. Paul
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1975 Glove Compartment Own...
Last post by Seville Life - Yesterday at 01:00:19 AM
I've seen the plaque you have before, same wording, same typeface. The trouble is today it's all so long ago no one is left who was actually there to tell the story.

Certainly dealers fitted these, whether or not Clark Street had a process and the wherewithal to engrave them/have them engraved and then fitted, I just don't know.

With the early Buick Rivieras it was something you ordered and paid for. I have odd versions of early to mid 1970's New Car Order Forms but there's no place to tick/order such a plaque. In those days there was a figure given out, in Hendry's book I think (?) that stated x out of every 10 orders were Cadillacs were built to customer's requirements? That is not a Special Order, just a customer order.

I think your plaque is original and of the time and probably done by the dealer or Cadillac. Paul