News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, November 24, 2022, 02:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

...you turkeys.  8)
Be grateful for your cars, the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, and all the other folks and businesses
that support us.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

James Landi

I too am thankful for the wonderful cyberconnections I have with this club, and more genrally, I am thankful to be a 77 year old AMerican citizen. Yesterday, while driving in extremely heavy traffic between Maine and central NJ, we witnessed, first hand,  courteous driving,kindness toward my wife and me in jamb packed service centers, and a good deal of patience both expressed and exhibited by our fellow citizens, in spite of global challenges.  We are indeed blessed .  Happy day, James

jaxops

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!  Don't eat too much or we won't fit behind those steering wheels!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Lexi

Quote from: James Landi on November 24, 2022, 07:50:59 AM...we witnessed, first hand, courteous driving, kindness toward my wife and me in jamb packed service centers, and a good deal of patience both expressed and exhibited by our fellow citizens, in spite of global challenges.  We are indeed blessed . Happy day, James

Have noticed the same when travelling in the US myself. Very nice to see. Worst drivers I have seen are right here at home, in the greater Toronto area. Quite the contrast, despite the railings of some of my buddies. Anyhow, Happy Thanksgiving to all. Clay/Lexi

Carfreak

Lexi,

Funny you mention worst drivers you encounter being in Toronto; I won't argue that other than to ask if you have ever been to Washington DC or SoCal?

On our way to the Lake George CLC GN, we toured through Ontario & up to Montreal to pick up some parts for our 59 ambulance.  I was wondering how we would be able to find out way in the French speaking province of Quebec. 

Honestly, without speaking the language and being able to just guess a few words (Sur - south?), we maneuvered through the city without an issue.  Other drivers were courteous and so were staff at the hotel and restaurants.  What a pleasant surprise after being warned about perhaps encountering a different attitude.   
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Jay Friedman

Happy Thanksgiving to all CLCers.  May your Cadillacs start quickly, run sweetly and shine brightly.

(Here in Georgia, IMHO drivers tend to be polite on city streets but on the interstates quite a few don't observe sensible safety precauations like signaling when changing lanes, etc.

Jay
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Lexi

Quote from: Carfreak on November 24, 2022, 02:14:44 PMLexi,

Funny you mention worst drivers you encounter being in Toronto; I won't argue that other than to ask if you have ever been to Washington DC or SoCal?

On our way to the Lake George CLC GN, we toured through Ontario & up to Montreal to pick up some parts for our 59 ambulance.  I was wondering how we would be able to find out way in the French speaking province of Quebec. 

Honestly, without speaking the language and being able to just guess a few words (Sur - south?), we maneuvered through the city without an issue.  Other drivers were courteous and so were staff at the hotel and restaurants.  What a pleasant surprise after being warned about perhaps encountering a different attitude.   

I have driven in both D.C. and SoCal. Repeated warnings about the horrors of LA traffic evaporated, at least for me. I would rather drive there than in Toronto as at least you have more options. Horrible driving conditions are just not about congestion, (though Toronto is the 4th largest city now in North America). At least LA built expressways. Toronto has very few. They have actually torn part of one down recently. It is also an old city not designed for cars and they kept street cars. Like a convoy, everybody does the speed of the slowest ship because of them. Hardly anyone passes them. Plus we got snow for one season of the year. Nothing to be stuck in traffic for hours, when your trip should take 30 - 45 minutes. My Dad used to say that even though we live in the same city, there will come a time when we won't be able to visit each other due to traffic snarls. That day has come. Despite what the mealy-mouthed politicians say, Toronto is NOT a car friendly city for a number of reasons, either.

Have driven in Quebec but has been a while and mainly restricted to Montreal. More aggressive drivers and pedestrians who don't care about stop lights like they have a death wish, but not as bad as Toronto. Not sure what it is like now. My driving experiences in the US have largely been similar to what James Landi described.  My experience is that US drivers are usually more courteous.  Clay/Lexi