News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Eldorado

Started by 70DeVille, October 29, 2022, 09:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70DeVille

Michael

Bryan J Moran

I love the color and interior combination on this example. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

Thanks for posting... assuming 109k miles-- having owned a '67 during the 70's and through the mid '80's as a heavily used daily driver, this one looks to be a reasonably running and durable, yet a very flawed example... if picked up for the right price, brake lines/wheel cylinders replaced, all fluids changed, new tires and alignment, Maaco painted (one can get the vinyl top painted as well to help stave off the rust), and garaged, it will likely provide someone with a affordable occasional car... but to make it perfect, and fit for highway travel will certainly be a wallet emptying experience...James

70DeVille

James, take a good look at the pics, videos and narrative. Original (not repro) date coded wires, perfect wheel covers (no road rash on any), perfect door edge guards, mint un dyed original leather interior (especially driver's seat bottom and back bolsters), mint mats and rugs, excellent chrome, excellent rocker stainless (save one small dent on R side), original title/documents confirming mileage. This is an 8k mile car left out in the elements for 10 years. 
Michael

2011DTS

Michael, I agree with all your points, (seats, floormats, door cards, edge guards, wheel covers) are in far to good condition to be a 100,000 mile 55 year old car. To bad it was left in the weather, but would be an excellent example to put $$$ into mechanical and paint and it would be a keeper.

70DeVille

James, I had every intention of restoring this car, believe it or not, as a "slick top", but I lost the services of my paint shop. He no longer was willing to do total restorations. I searched in my area, but was unable to come up with a suitable shop. Decided to offer it at no reserve to someone who had the resources to give this car what it deserved. It was transferred to me from the estate of the original owner with mileage documentation. Strangely enough, when the owner and his wife died (1982, 1987), the family kept it in the garage for quite a number of years and then needed the garage to put ceramic tile from a family business in the garage and left this car outside for about 10 years. Go figure. Tiles in the garage and an 8k mile Eldorado in the elements. All this is documented. Still, it needs attention, but all the necessary, difficult parts are there. Someone who has the shop will enjoy bringing it back.
Michael

James Landi

Michael,  Thank you for setting the record straight!  I, of course, jumped to conclusions based on my experiences, and ASSUMED the high mileage...  with so very few miles, this one is very worthy of "whatever it takes" to get it back to where it was before the family put it outside.  Hoping a CLC member will get it and provide the tlc it richly deserves... James

Bryan J Moran

I can't believe it is still sitting at $5,000 but I know nothing about this BaT website and how it works. 
CLC 35000 in number only

70DeVille

Bryan, I wish I had shop to do the necessary paint work here, but unfortunately my body shop stopped doing complete restorations. Decided to give it to someone who has the resources to do it right. It's an unusual piece that needs the right person to do it right. What brought me to it in the first place is all the items that are seriously difficult to find, no rust original paint body panels, original perfect interior, untouched perfect running engine, gorgeous brightwork, very good to excellent chrome. I think someone with the right resources will do it justice. I can't do it, so whatever it brings is fine with me.
Michael