News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1948 or 1949 convertible or coupe de ville passenger side door latch

Started by dgwalker, November 20, 2022, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgwalker

My 49 convertible passenger side door latch has broken.  You can see that one leg of the u-shaped arm has broken and now it only works from the outside handle.  I had an extra broken unit and tried to disassemble.  Doesn't seem like it will go back together again after breaking the very brittle tabs and grinding off the staked posts.

I'm looking for a functioning latch assembly.  The nicer the better but I'll take anything that is working.

Thanks,

D. Walker
248-720-9236passenger door latch 2.jpgPaasenger door latch.jpg 

Joe Jensen

Can you post the picture please?  I don't have one for a convertable but I have repaired one for my 6207.

Thanks,
Joe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I think these were reproduced some years ago. I don't remember who did them.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

CadillacFanBob

This may help has detailed information and photo's to repair door latch on a 1949 Buick Roadmaster and used parts from Cadillac Supplier.

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/293826-1949-super-and-roadmaster-door-lock-repairs/

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

dgwalker

Thanks for the replies.  Unfortunately for me, the part that broke is inside the large cover.  It is a U-shaped stamping with 1 arm of the U being driven by the interior handle and mechanism while the other arm is driven by the exterior handle and mech.  The interior arm broke. It's a nearly impossible repair.

Please let me know if anyone has a functioning complete convertible passenger side door latch assembly.  The pics shown from the other posters are correct.  That's what mine looks like.

Thanks again.

dgwalker

Pics added of my broken passenger side door latch.  Any of these parts out there? 

Thanks,

Don Walker