News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

TOY CRUISE SUNDAY (make that 32 events this year)

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, December 01, 2022, 12:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

HEY! 1 more car event for this year, #32 for The Ark! TOY CRUISE on Sunday in Dennis, SEE YOU THERE! This was a blast the last couple of years with the Lambo's, McLarens and assorted hot rods running ahead and blocking the intersections through 3 towns so us "classics" could lumber through... even the cops stopped. And the neat part is all the toys collected for this annual "Stuff A Bus" stay on Cape Cod, nice.

The Ark is still my daily driver when the weather is good, isn't this fun? And Area 51 here on the Cape is holding a space for me for when the weather finally turns to winter. Just too much money into the car now and with a possible attendance at the National's in '24 I'm not taking any chances. The Lair has been flawless protecting the car for 5 years against nor'easter blizzards and a tornado, but I just can't chance it. AFTER the Nationals, I don't care, it can stay outside. He'll be driving in the snow again after that.

After a raucous and boisterous staff meeting (ie me talking to myself) a few days ago the decision has been made to restore The Ark's HVAC system, now, versus waiting until next winter as planned. Why. 1) I want to enjoy the car more, we're going for longer rides to shows farther away, out of state, etc. Air conditioning, heat/defrost are things I've never had with the car, they weren't necessary, now they are. Especially with a trip to the Nationals in '24 not completely ruled out, all that crap has to work. But "right now", I want the car to be more enjoyable on long trips year round. Repaint and chrome can wait until next year. And those 2 things will be "fresher" if we go to Gettysburg. 2) As a hot rodder fellow #pureblood friend said recently all the guys I need to do this work, are getting "up there" in age and they've all been jabbed. That kind of talent to work on these kind of cars is dwindling, I have the talent locally, alive, now. Do it - now.

The Ark goe$ in the $hop for HVAC, next week! That's fine, my Christmas gift to me is now a can of Progresso soup IF its on sale.... When that's done The Ark goes next door (how's that for convenient) to Michael to get some electrical done and Chris will work on the stereo. I don't need the Rich's Car Tunes system I put into the 81CDV, I just need it to work factory. Again with an eye on the possible Nationals in '24. Now my birthday gift to me will be a loaf of bread, if its on sale, to go with the Christmas can of soup.

WHAT I NEED TO BE IS GRATEFUL. Grateful that the shops I need to work on The Ark are hundreds of yards apart, on the same street, one town over, and staffed by people I know I can trust. I read about so many Caddy owners on the forum with no one to turn to where they live, no one even 'near by', no one in the same state, etc. I'm grateful, I'm blessed. I'm also out of my mind but that's for another post...

Flyer for the toy cruise attached and a super cool pic I took of The Ark against the setting sun the other night while we were out looking for trouble. *BLESSED*

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all