News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillacs and SNOW!

Started by Jeff Wilk, January 27, 2015, 08:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Puleo CLC #13617

Joe Puleo

TJ Hopland

Looks like he had to dig out the passenger side to get in and start it up, at least I assume its running from the 'smoke' at the rear.  Guess it could be blowing snow.  Why is it parked on that side of the street?   Maybe that is where it got stuck before the snow got that deep?   Or is it RHD in a RHD country?  It looks like the other cars on the street are parked the same way so maybe its not LHD?  I can't tell what the other cars are.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Rdtreur

The day I bought my '68, last december. I did the 110 mile trip with out a working heater ...
R.D. Treur
Past caddy’s:
‘68 convertible ‘70 Eldorado,  ‘75 sedan, ‘75 Fleetwood

John Barry [CLC17027]

These are superb, and are worthy of further publication.  Given the winter in the greater Philadelphia area (OK, not even close to what one would have in, say, upstate NY near the Thousand Islands), people would get a rueful grin out of seeing these.  Check on line at the Valley Forge Region's website in the weeks to come for the March issue of The Goddess for a seasonal feature using some of these, especially the more vintage shots.

Thanks to all who published.  (I have to admit: I'm curious to know what my '40 La Salle would do in snow, but I'm also more than a bit nervous to find out first-hand.)
John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan

jwwseville60

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

wheikkila

I grew up in Michigan. I've seen and shoveled plenty of snow in my life. I moved to Texas after high school and never looked back. We get just enough snow here in central Texas to keep me happy.
                              Thanks Wayne     

Roman_cadillac

cold weather -10 F   thermostat 180

Lexi

Nice shots there Roman! Back in 1976 or early 1977, we had a record snowfall one day and as my 1956 CDV was parked outside at my parent's place, I decided to see how it would handle in the deep snow, (3 foot high drifts or more out on the road). I had brand new L78 x 15 bias ply high profile tires on "Goldust" at the time. To my delight she walked through the snow, however, going up a steep hill she fish-tailed a little when the rear tire spun a bit. I got home and remember snow drifts creeping up the driver's door, but satisfied that the car handled well in snow. First and only time I took her out on a day like that. To be fair, I also had a ton of tools in the trunk. Like James, I passed the odd stranded motorist on my short trip. Clay/Lexi

Edit: Goldust parked outside, 1976 (but not the day I took her out)

How about this
MICHAEL LYNCH
Wisconsin

Lexi

mario

Wow, can you imagine, child protection services would have that driver in cuffs and on his way to jail, nowadays....
Ciao,
Mario Caimotto

Big Fins

Kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore.

My poor parents would have been locked up many times with the fun that I've had as a child.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Lexi

Snowstorm raging here today. Biggest since 1994. Good day for those hearty souls wishing to test drive their Caddy in the snow! Wonder if we shall see any posts? Out to snow blow now. Clay/Lexi

Brett Baird

Here's a photo of the '63 convert I owned in 1972.
B Baird
'41 Fleetwood 60 S  http://bit.ly/1jwgEWm
'59 Sedan DeVille 6339 "Flat-top"  http://bit.ly/1jwgUF1

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on February 06, 2015, 05:37:15 PM
I can't wait to get my '72 Eldo into some snow to see how she performs.   But, sadly, here whenever snow falls, they close the roads.

Bruce. >:D

Australia doesn't have snow plows and salters/sanders? How do emergency vehicles get to where they need to be?
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

jwwseville60

Mine!
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Big Fins

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on January 18, 2022, 09:15:40 AM
Australia doesn't have snow plows and salters/sanders? How do emergency vehicles get to where they need to be?

Snow? Who cares about snow? Australia locks down the entire country if someone sneezes. They put them in prison if one should leave their home.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

BlackCads

Quote from: TJ Hopland on February 22, 2015, 04:08:39 PM
Looks like he had to dig out the passenger side to get in and start it up, at least I assume its running from the 'smoke' at the rear.  Guess it could be blowing snow.  Why is it parked on that side of the street?   Maybe that is where it got stuck before the snow got that deep?   Or is it RHD in a RHD country?  It looks like the other cars on the street are parked the same way so maybe its not LHD?  I can't tell what the other cars are.

It could simply be a one way street with cars parked on both sides facing the same direction.

harvey b

Heres one of mine,its a 38 90 series,i left it outside one night and we had some snow,its originally a canadian car so snow is nothing new for it.harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Carfreak

Quote from: Tassie Deville

Posting pictures of Cadillacs and LaSalles with snow on them to some people look nice, and to others, horrendous

Bruce.

Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. 

You haven't locked this thread yet? 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.