News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Janice's 1974 Persian Lime Firemist Eldo Convertible

Started by hornetball, March 11, 2019, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornetball

Quote from: Matti R on August 31, 2020, 09:42:54 AMThanks for great story and great photos! Small question: what kind of retainers or clips did use to attach the trim in the place in photo?

They are a steel retainer with a threaded stud.  They attach with a nut on the back side of the panel.  They are almost impossible to reach with the fender on the car.  You'll notice that I pulled the fenders when I put the trim back on specifically for these pieces.  If you review MaR's build thread, I think he posted a picture of the retainer.

MaR

Matti R

Quote from: MaR on August 31, 2020, 04:09:22 PM
This is what the clip looks like:

Thanks.
Actually the reason I'm asking is that I noticed it is almost impossible to tighten the nuts there so I thought I must be doing something wrong. So, I need to pull the fender??
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

MaR

Quote from: Matti R on September 01, 2020, 04:31:33 AM
Thanks.
Actually the reason I'm asking is that I noticed it is almost impossible to tighten the nuts there so I thought I must be doing something wrong. So, I need to pull the fender??
They are hard to reach but it's doable. If you are having issues with the stud spinning, it may be rusted. There are little ears on the stud that allow the clip to have some vertical adjustment and if they get rusted, the stud can spin in the clip.

hornetball

Quote from: Matti R on September 01, 2020, 04:31:33 AM
Thanks.

You should be able to reach the forward one pretty well.  The rear one is well blocked by the door pillar structure.  I was able to reach it by removing the bottom rear bolts of the fender and loosening the others so I could gently push the bottom rear corner of the fender outward.  If all you are trying to do is tighten, this might be enough.  Like MaR said, these particular trim connectors are susceptible to rust as they are steel and in a location that sees a lot of dirt/water.

Good luck!

hornetball

hornetball

So, I was planning to race my 1964 Corvette in the SVRA event at COTA (Austin) a couple of weeks ago.  However, they filled up with entries.  So I took the Eldo and entered their car show so I could hang out with friends.  It won people's choice!

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

David King (kz78hy)

Way to go!
David King
CLC 22014  (life)