News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Newsletter-related question

Started by John Barry [CLC17027], November 25, 2019, 06:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Barry [CLC17027]

This seems like a not-inappropriate place to put this; if, however, a moderator differs, please move it where it needs to go.

Anyhow: are there well-defined (written, with objective items) criteria for determining who wins the newsletter award annually? If not, is the award given on a purely subjective impression of some committee? And if that's not the case, is it awarded on a rotating basis (e.g., this year, it's the New England region's turn) or at random, along the lines of a lottery drawing?

I've been cranking out the Valley Forge Region's newsletter for more than 13 years, and I can't figure out a common thread among winners.
John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan

Glen

The award is described on page 42 of the Membership Directory.  The thing that popped out at me was that you need to submit copies of your newsletter for consideration.  I am guessing that you need to submit copies to the National club, but that is not the same as submitting “for consideration “ of the award. 

I think you deserve an award just for hanging in there for so many years. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104