News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1938 Cadillac "Limo" Indiana Craigs List - $17,500

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 01, 2021, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/daleville-1938-cadillac-limo/7411145752.html

I asked the seller for more information.  I "assume", maybe incorrectly, that a seller that describes a car as a "Limo" is maybe not a long term/time Cadillac aficionado.   I see many ads, or at least a few, of pre war Cadillacs on selling sites with no model number. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

THis one is most certainly interesting, and, perhaps the seller is reluctant to sell, or is simply involved in a negotiation with a potential seller.  HIs asking price is prohibitive for a typical Craig's list shopper, so the ad seems entirely out of place.  Would be interesting to know more.  (as a recent example, a very low mileage early 2000's Eldo came up on Marketplace (Facebook) for a bargain price.  I volunteered to check out the car for a CLC member.  When I asked the seller for specific information and also requested an inspection at a local garage, he ended communication.  Several months later, the car is still available (and it's likely very broken!!)     I am left with the sense that some folks seem to enjoy "spinning their wheels" -- attempting some kind of self deception.     Happy day   James

wrench

I clicked on 'more ads by this user'.

'This user' has an interesting view of the market for barn finds.

Well that, or he is not well schooled on the use of numbers and cipherin'....
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Bryan J Moran

Finally just spoke to the seller.  Randy.  Randy is 73 years old and apparently still has a business.  His daughter posted the ad.   Randy recently lost his wife and no longer has interest, apparently, in his old cars.  He has "about 100 of them." 

This one was purchased, per Randy, from a museum about 17 years ago.  He does not know what the particular body number is - 7519?  7523?  7533? 

Paint was put on 15 years ago.  Wood trim restored.  Vehicle runs and drives with newly rebuilt carburetor. Located near Muncie Indiana. 

Randy was pleasant to speak with but a bit hurried, like he was slightly annoyed about my questions. 

I asked about trim, whether it was present.  He said "to be honest I have no idea, I have 100 cars and I can't keep track of them."   But it comes with a big box of parts.   

Seemed firm at $17,500, so I didn't ask if he was firm.   
CLC 35000 in number only

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

With those kind of prices, bad pictures & a bad attitude, his heirs will be burdened with selling those cars. And... for a lot less.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.