News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1981 Eldorado - $2,200 obo SOLD

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 21, 2021, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3763306103770880/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2f0a8ff0-5dc8-4321-806e-dacc0c789027

Sure looks low mileage.

From Seller --

Really nice 81 eldorado. All original. Interior is perfect. Big V8. This car floats.

Needs fuel pump.The window motors need replaced and ac needs charged.

2200 obo
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

Seems like a reasonable candidate for purchase--- but does 1981 have the 4100?  Apparently, does not run.  If truly low mileage and in reasonable condition, this would be a great car to make serviceble.  I've owned three of this era, and they are terrific, lovely to look at, comfortable to ride in, but dramatically underpowered... if it has the iron block gm engine, it's much more attractive.   James

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Appears to have potential to be a diamond in the rough but the presentation is too poor to say.

Of all auto online sales sites, FB ranks the absolute worst for presentation quality in my experience. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Big Fins

Users most often use a cell phone in which to get the pictures. I don't care how they tout the cell phone cameras, they still suck when it comes time to get a good quality picture. I like using my little Nikon. It will get you a nice 10MB picture suitable for printing or a calendar. Resizing really degrades the images too.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Bryan J Moran

Yet another one photographed on a trailer.  Absolute flipper BUT priced right. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

Likely he needs cash now... not a broken 40 year old Cadillac... it's a cold, dark winter... some cash could brighten his day; but where is the car now... how does he know that it needs a fuel pump to make it run.  Selling a broken car at the beginning of winter is, as they say, a hard sell.   James

Big Fins

If you aren't a person capable of repairing/replacing the noted items, it can be an expensive venture. Getting a shop to repair what he claims will run you $4000-$5000 in todays economy. Best to cut your losses and move on.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Bryan J Moran

SOLD - price sells cars. 

Of course, it likely did not go to a CLC member or Cadillac guy at that price, but one never knows for sure.
CLC 35000 in number only