News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

SO SO cars advertised at twice their value

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, December 21, 2021, 07:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

dochawk

Quote from: 79 Eldorado on December 22, 2021, 12:16:50 PM
I feel fortunate if I can find a part I need but I've seen some cars in junkyards which should have never been there.

I still have to finish dealing with my '92 Eldorado ETC.

A creampuff with factory perfect paint.

I got clipped in traffic, damaging the passenger front fender and door.

The body work estimate wasn't bad.

But for the prospect of painting two panels white diamond, they called it totaled!

I had been a good boy recently, it seems:  the $500 caddy with a blown Northstar the next week was a '95 base Eldorado with almost but not quite as good of paint.

so it will donate paint, door, and alternator (shorted out the voltage regulator from the wires being clipped in collision, it seems.

And shocks (or if different, I'll find something else).

I don't want a salvage title; I'll throw in my labor and the parts car cost for a few bucks less, but I need to find the right person at the other end.

That, and they misread the faded pin stripes (true) as faded paint (absolutely not true!), and I want the kicker on value for that rather than the penalty.

And the radiator, as I seem to be 1/3 blocked. [hard to replicate, but at over 115F and over 70 MPH, going up a good grade, the temp needle starts climbing up--but shoots down fast the moment I back off on the gas]

I also have an '02 DHS waiting for the scrapper once I strip what I want.

A beautiful interior, near perfect, but truly badly oxidized crimson pearl paint, and apparently the only Northstar in history to die a heat death without blowing the head gaskets; it still passes the block test, even though it overheats quickly.  I have delusions of mounting it's power telescoping and tilting steering wheel in my '72 convertible . . .

it will be a pity for it to go to the scrapper, but it's an engine rebuild and over $3k of paint away from being a $3k car.

1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Has anyone been watching Mecum Kissimmee this week?
41m in sales, yesterday. This auction sets the tone for the year.
If someone wants your car, they will pay for it.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Carfreak

Yeah, I've heard about some of the sales prices particularly the collector of GM's former designated #3 Model (as referenced in their VINs) bringing crazy prices. 

Of course their highest hp blue printed engine models with standard transmissions but also some of the clones particularly the Viking Blue wagon. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.