News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 Triple Black Seville - 52,000 miles - $3,200

Started by Bryan J Moran, January 06, 2022, 07:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/820181778579620/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A804bf217-71e0-4caf-a48d-969bbe47d9df

Seller's Description
1979 Cadillac Seville · Sedan · Driven 52,442 miles

1979 Seville in good condition needs Little. Tlc.I put new time and chain gears.new egr valve ,new distributor . ignition module and pick up coil, tune up.front shocks

My comments - I know this is not a "perfect" car, but if a person could get a last year 1st generation Seville in triple black for $3,000 or so I think it could be, would be, a fun car.   Lose the aftermarket wire wheels - get a factory set of steel rims and correct hubcaps. 

The drivers front seat is totally believable - to me - that it is still a 52,000 mile car but maybe someone can look at the other photos and opine. 

It does not sound to me like it is running.   But I have not reached out yet. 

I am wishy washy on the 76-79 1st generation Sevilles.  I love them and they catch my eye every time I see one but owning one?  I am not sure I could devote collection space to one. 
CLC 35000 in number only

79 Eldorado

Bryan,
Are you thinking of it for yourself? I'm sure we could help you get it running if it's not. These are RWD. For some reason I think they have the TH400 transmission. It looks like a nice car for $3200. Considering where it's from you would need to check it out underneath to see what the corrosion situation looks like and they never shared photos under hood. It looked like a piece of the front stainless lower trim is missing. I actually wondered if they may have offered a wire wheel option but I guess not.

I guess if it was running and the front seat was repaired it would draw double the price pretty easily unless it's a lot worse than it looks. There do seem to be Cadillacs out there which have been taken care of more than other makes in general of the same vintage.

Scott

Matti R

That one is almost twin to my 79 Seville. It is 102 tmls driven and driver`s seat was much worse condition when I got it.
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: 79 Eldorado on January 07, 2022, 12:15:26 AM
Bryan,
Are you thinking of it for yourself? I'm sure we could help you get it running if it's not. These are RWD. For some reason I think they have the TH400 transmission. It looks like a nice car for $3200. Considering where it's from you would need to check it out underneath to see what the corrosion situation looks like and they never shared photos under hood. It looked like a piece of the front stainless lower trim is missing. I actually wondered if they may have offered a wire wheel option but I guess not.

I guess if it was running and the front seat was repaired it would draw double the price pretty easily unless it's a lot worse than it looks. There do seem to be Cadillacs out there which have been taken care of more than other makes in general of the same vintage.

Scott

Scott, no I am not considering it for personal purchase, but thought someone out there might be interested since triple black Cadillacs always seem to have fans.  I like the exterior styling on 1st gen Sevilles. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

79 Eldorado

Eric,
They're all money pits... we just need to decide which pit to throw our money into :)

Scott

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: 79 Eldorado on January 07, 2022, 11:30:06 AM
Eric,
They're all money pits... we just need to decide which pit to throw our money into :)

Not quite that simple...but we'll leave that for another day. ;)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

smokuspollutus

It is a Canadian car so those are KM's on the dash, not miles. 52,000 kms translates to 32,000 miles...nope. 152,000 comes to 94,000...doubt it too. Granted the 78 & 79 Seville leather seats are not long-lived, nor are the armrest mountings (which ironically carried to the next generation), plastichrome flakes off easily, radio has something going on, dash is cracked, steeing wheel is decomposing-all of which are not anything unusual but definitely not something to get involved with.

Bryan J Moran

Thanks for adding that!   Seller did respond and state the car runs. 
CLC 35000 in number only