News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Lost Lock To Glove Box '37 LaSalle..Does Any Other Year Fit?

Started by carlhungness, January 22, 2022, 11:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

Locksmith who was making my keys died and he had my glove box lock for my '37 LaSalle. We tried locating the lock among his stuff and can't find it. Does any other year fit? I am guessing the 36-41 may do, but looking for confirmation.

carlhungness

It is now my understanding after talking to Martin Watkins, a long time supplier, that the '36 & '37 glove box door locks are the same, and possibly 1938.

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I would be willing to bet that the other GM cars of that vintage use the same glove box lock. The keys are the same, so the locks probably are. That should expand your options greatly.

Abe Lugo

Carl,
First I would say.  Find images of a glove box door with the lock front and rear for reference.  If anyone has one please post. 

Then check to see if a Buick or Chevy one might work.  Even those are pricy and rare but much easier to find. 

If a Chevy one works you might be able to find a repop one to work until your find a real one.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

harry s

Carl, I checked images of the glove box lock/knob for the large series '37s and they are different than the LaSalles.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

tmdeturck

There is a pretty pricey NOS 37 glove box lock on eBay with keys ( 393432355288) and there is also a glove box door with the lock on it also on eBay (item 115215011337) but this one does not mention having a key. 
1963 Series 6229
1937 Series 6019

carlhungness

I'll probably buy the one without a key as I've seen both on eBay. The one without the key appears as though one of the screws may be broken, so I've written to the seller asking him about it. If the screw is broken it may be tough to fix..pot  metal.
   I can get a key of course..it is supposed to be the same as the trunk...but I'll never lock the glove box anyway as it may get a radio in it.
    Thanks for the tips..the other lock only is very pricey $175...so I'll keep on looking.