News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 series 60 seat adjusting mechanism

Started by npm151, January 26, 2022, 01:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npm151

I am looking for the entire seat adjusting mechanism for my 1937 series 60 convertible sedan model 6049. The seat I have is simply bolted to the floor and cannot be adjusted. Please PM me if you can help.
Thanks
Nick

harvey b

Nick,i have the same car as yours,the front seat does not have any way to move it?.The seat back attaches to the door post and helps to hold them sturdy.Im 5-10 tall and find it a bit tight to sit in,As far as i know there is no way to make it move,you may be able to "Doctor" the seat foam to give you some more room  harveyb
Harvey Bowness

npm151

Thanks for the information Harvey. I guess I'm stuck with notcmoving the seat back for more leg room.
Nick

The Tassie Devil(le)

One of the problems with these "Fixed Seat" cars is that they were usually so expensive to buy that the purchaser had to employ a driver that was short enough to drive these cars.   

With the Limos, the owner usually travelled in the rear, and the driver had to live with the confines behind the steering wheel.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

harvey b

On some Hot Rod roadsters the owners use a softer type of cushion on the seat so they kind of fall back more,and when the seat is empty it looks like a normal seat?,or maybe you could have a thinner backrest in the seat.Do you have any pictures of your car,and what number body is it,mine is #64.Im always looking for these cars.Im not sure but i think there were around 250 of these made.harveyb
Harvey Bowness

npm151

Harvey
Good looking car you have. Mine is number 31, here is a picture

harvey b

Did that car come from Calgary,i remember seeing one like that listed for sale awhile ago.i talked to the person who had it for sale,it supposedly went to the US.The colors look good on it. harveyb
Harvey Bowness

MikeGerman

I bought from another member a Seat adjustment set which is not complete (and it is for a 1938 Cadillac). If you are interested you can send me a pm and I'll send you pics.
Best Mike
Mike German
CLC#29979
1936 LaSalle Series 50 Coupe
1940 LaSalle Series 50 Coupe
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe

npm151